LDS Tools for iPhone Name Search Results

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
dougj

LDS Tools for iPhone Name Search Results

Post by dougj »

Using LDS Tools for iPhone version 2.4.3(95), the search results for a name on the main directory list are not correct and returns many incorrect results.

For example, a search of 'Douglas' for my ward (not stake) returns about 39 results. A couple of notes about this:

- There are only about 3-4 people with 'Douglas' in their name - first, middle or last. These are the ones I expect to see.
- My own name is Douglas and my preferred name is Doug. But, a search for 'Douglas' does not return my own record. A search for 'doug' does return my own record, along with all 38ish of the others. My "Full Name" entry on my record does show "... Douglas ...".
- The remaining 35ish records, whose names do not contain 'Douglas', do not have the string 'Douglas' anywhere in their record, at least not what is shown in the app. Not even under the , address, ordinances and 'other' sections.

1. Why does the search return a lot of seemingly incorrect results?
2. Why is the search not using all name fields?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools for iPhone Name Search Results

Post by lajackson »

dougj wrote:Using LDS Tools for iPhone version 2.4.3(95), the search results for a name on the main directory list are not correct and returns many incorrect results. . . .

1. Why does the search return a lot of seemingly incorrect results?
2. Why is the search not using all name fields?
These are excellent questions which probably cannot be answered by anyone other than the developers, who do not visit this Forum very often, if at all. The quickest way to get a problem such as this in front of the people who are able to fix it would be to send feedback through the app. I do not have an iPhone, but this is done through the Help function on my mobile device.
dougj

Post by dougj »

Thanks. I'll try that.
dougj

Post by dougj »

Found it. Unfortunately, that feature keeps crashing. :). I'll compose the email outside of the app.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dougj wrote:Found it. Unfortunately, that feature keeps crashing. :). I'll compose the email outside of the app.
Sigh. Yes, that's the workaround. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”