Pictures Don't Show?

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
pitzakcj

Pictures Don't Show?

Post by pitzakcj »

ldstools for iphone shows the pictures.

i don't see the pictures in ldstools for andriod. how do you view them? is this something that needs to be fixed?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Dumb question, but it's worth setting straight - are there actually pictures uploaded? I've had a bishop or two complain to me about that and upon investigation discovered their ward hadn't uploaded any pictures to begin with.
pitzakcj

Post by pitzakcj »

Its good to ask a question like that to make sure.

Our pictures are uploaded and show on my friend iphone but not my and my other friends andriod (we have different andriods too).
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

I have never seen a picture in LDS Tools for Android.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Different devices have different groups developing features for them. I believe the iPhone group got a pretty big head start and now has pictures (although my latest version (for the iTouch) allows me to insert a picture of my choosing from my own device as the photo for anyone).

I think the Android folks would also like to have picture capability and are simply working out how best to do it.

But the disconnect that one device has it and another doesn't is simply a matter that different volunteer groups are doing the developing for the different devices. One thing I do know that all of the developers are doing is that they do pay attention to the comments they receive at the e-mail addresses that have been established to send in comments.
vmcpherron

Just a matter of time?

Post by vmcpherron »

I suppose it'll be something they add before long. I know that LDS.org Mobile for Android already has pictures.
lhillman

Post by lhillman »

I'm seeing pictures on my android using ldstools. Make sure that you have a picture attached for both household and individual. For our YSA ward that means uploading each picture twice.
togiles

Post by togiles »

Having recently started volunteering on the development of ldstools for android, let me try and help clarify the current behavior in the released application. The released app only supports display of individual photos, and does not support household photos. I've since submitted updates to the code base to support both individual and household photos, and hope it is released soon to market (I'm still unclear on release timelines).
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

togiles wrote:The released app only supports display of individual photos(I'm still unclear on release timelines).
Any ideas on why individual pictures won't show on android phone?

Although there are individual pictures on the website, I still can't see them on my android. I used to have them on my HTC HD2 (windows platform) and I recently switched to an LG G2X (android). I've tried syncing, un-installing and re-installing, re-syncing, but nothing has worked so far.

Any ideas?

Return to “Android Member Tools App”