Unable to sync with my stake using LDS Tools.

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

If the problem exists in the app and on LDS.org, your problem is likely due to a problem with your lds account. If your LDS Account is fine, you should see something on LDS.org (unless you live outside of the US where privacy laws require people opt in to be shown in a directory).

We released a new version of the app last week that seems to have helped some users with sync issues. We see some syn issues still persisting though. Some users have been able to remove the app and reinstall the app fresh and it has worked for them. Please try and if you still experience issues, please send a bug report through the help menu on the app so we can investigate further.
Jason Hyer
laraleepn

Post by laraleepn »

Another report of the same problem. For me the problem started about the same time as the update to 2.0 of the directory at lds.org. I'm running Android 2.2.2 and have tried the clear data suggestion without success so far. Will try to reinstall the app and see if that helps. My RS President will be very sad if she can't call me for phone numbers and addresses when she's on the road and visiting members. :)
Paul.R.G

Stil issues

Post by Paul.R.G »

I am working on a samsung galaxy s2 in Norway, so no Verizon affiliation. Reinstalling has not helped, nor has clearing app data.
Connection always fails at the same point when syncing.
nljhart

Post by nljhart »

I used to be able to sync my Android phone. Now I am getting the same message. "The Connection was lost. Please try again later." I tried the dropbox fix but it didn't work.
McMike

Post by McMike »

I also have a samsung galaxy s2 and receive the same error message "Error The connection was lost. Please try again later."
wellingms
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wellingms »

I had the issue over the weekend too, but I found as soon as I got on my Wifi it synced but it did take a few tries before it finally went through. I am running a Droid 2 Global 2.3.4.
Michael Welling
Department Apps
Global Service Center
1-855-LDS-HELP

Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS Tech Wiki?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

We had a conflict with the webservice released with the directory 2.0 release on lds.org over the weekend. We have released a new version of the app on the android Play store that you will need to install in order to be able to sync again.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Member Tools App”