LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by jdlessley »

roycedeanriddle wrote:I am having the same issue. I got a new Iphone 6S and installed the Church Tools app yesterday. Gospel library and desktop sign in work just fine but the Tools App won't sync and authenticate just saying "Tools is not available" in a pop-up.
This is typical on Sundays when the server loads are high. Try again on Monday or later.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jaredlaney

Post by jaredlaney »

No, I spoke with 10-20 having the issue on Sunday and yesterday in my ward (Monday). Seems like a larger issue this time.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

There were server issues on both Sunday (a good portion of the day) and Monday (mid-day for a couple of hours). They should be resolved now. If it is still occurring, it is not likely to be server-related.
wyattJackson06

Post by wyattJackson06 »

kerwinsevilla wrote:I'm also not able to complete the process. It just returns to the log in screen. I have uninstalled it and downloaded the newest version in playstore, but it still won't work like before. I was hoping to use it for training the Elders' Quorum and Relief Society presidencies on recording ministering interviews. Thanks.
I have the same problem. On my RCA, running the version of Android Marshmellow (i think), It works just fine. I signin set my pin, and do whatever. On my Amazon Kindle Fire using Amazon Freetime, I'll download LDS tools, sign-in, and it will sync, then take me back to the login screen.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

wyattJackson06 wrote:On my Amazon Kindle Fire using Amazon Freetime, I'll download LDS tools, sign-in, and it will sync, then take me back to the login screen.
Kindle devices no longer support Member Tools – I'm surprised you're still able to download it (are you using a third-party app store?).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

sbradshaw wrote:
wyattJackson06 wrote:On my Amazon Kindle Fire using Amazon Freetime, I'll download LDS tools, sign-in, and it will sync, then take me back to the login screen.
Kindle devices no longer support Member Tools – I'm surprised you're still able to download it (are you using a third-party app store?).
I download the google app store on mine and all the apps work perfectly.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
wyattJackson06

Post by wyattJackson06 »

sbradshaw wrote: Kindle devices no longer support Member Tools – I'm surprised you're still able to download it (are you using a third-party app store?).
I am using the Amazon freetime download catalog. I sugest that you read up on Amazon freetime.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wyattJackson06 wrote:I sugest that you read up on Amazon freetime.
How does freetime relate to Member Tools? I don't see a connection.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
credible0

Post by credible0 »

Thank you so much for the indeed, incredible concept to share with. I do admire the effort and will continue to learn from these forums.
wyattJackson06

Post by wyattJackson06 »

russellhltn wrote:
wyattJackson06 wrote:I sugest that you read up on Amazon freetime.
How does freetime relate to Member Tools? I don't see a connection.
Sorry, I ment that you read up on some of the innner workings of Freetime so that you can understand how member tools is still avaible in a search. If this isn't of interest to you then you can ignore it.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”