LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
rgrimstad

Re: LDS Tools won't complete syncing

Post by rgrimstad »

My Stake President can't sync either. Starts syncing and gets about 90% done and t hen dies. Any update on this from anyone?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rgrimstad wrote:My Stake President can't sync either. Starts syncing and gets about 90% done and t hen dies. Any update on this from anyone?
The general sync problem was fixed in late February. See if he is using Tools version 3.5.4 and is running Android 5 or better.
iquique73

Post by iquique73 »

31 March. I have tried to sync several times this morning. I get this message: "LDS Directory Services are unavailable. Please try again later." Is this a recurrence of the previous problem?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I was just now able to sync successfully, so I expect that your problem was that the servers are busiest on Sunday mornings, Utah time. You might try again later this afternoon. I usually sync on Saturday evening and rarely have any problem.
amom2go2014

Post by amom2go2014 »

For 2 weeks now, I have had the same message come up that" LDS Directory Sevices are Unavaiable.Please try again later" I have seen comments about callings and syncing. I am currently in Primary teacinh and I have never had a problem getting on to my LDS tools .I need it to get addresses to homes of members in our Ward that are in rural areas and this has saved me the past 2 years ...with navigation and with contact information also. What happened ? Are we near a fix at all? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy 8 plus.
NKGuire

Post by NKGuire »

I have the same issue. And iam using a galaxy s8+
johnwallacegardner

Post by johnwallacegardner »

As of today, after trying to sync, I can no longer complete a sync or log in to tools. I have an iphone 8. After uninstalling "LDS tools" and installing the "Member tools" update today, it makes it about 10% of the sync, but then says "tools is not available" and will not let me sign in (so no information is available using the app). I also tried logging in to an ipad but had the same issues; I also updated the app on the ipad to "Member tools" and still could not complete a sync of log in. Someone in the post suggested that it might be a leadership issue. I am 2nd counselor in the EQ. My wife is the YW president and her app has not worked for weeks. However, our EQ president used the app today to look things up. So, I'm not sure why today things crashed...but appreciate any suggestions or fixes. I am able to log in on my computer just through the Church website and it all works fine there (just not on my other devices that run on the app).
rksack

Post by rksack »

Many people are having this same issue. I don't think this one is a problem with permissions, I would guess that the developers are having issues linking login credentials from the old system to authentication on the new. Just a guess. I would anticipate this to be fixed tomorrow.
mattcrossette

Post by mattcrossette »

I am having the same problem.
roycedeanriddle

Post by roycedeanriddle »

I am having the same issue. I got a new Iphone 6S and installed the Church Tools app yesterday. Gospel library and desktop sign in work just fine but the Tools App won't sync and authenticate just saying "Tools is not available" in a pop-up.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”