casizaharias

Re: LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Post by casizaharias »

How do I sync to the beta version?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

casizaharias wrote:How do I sync to the beta version?
You would download the beta version of the app from the Google Play Store by becoming a beta tester.

Before you do that, have you tried signing out of the app and signing back in? Or have you tried deleting the app and installing it again?
davidtiek

Post by davidtiek »

Great. So we all have the same problem. How do we get it fixed? Buy apple phone's? Hello, LDS app techies? We need a fix, not a forum!
casizaharias

Post by casizaharias »

Yes, I've done all of that. Uninstalled, cleared data, cache, cookies, turned phone off. Nothing has worked. It's been days. I looked in the play store...i must be blind. Can't find it.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Instructions for installing the beta version of LDS Tools may be found in this post.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davidtiek wrote:We need a fix, not a forum!
1. The developers do not frequent this forum and are not devoting any time or effort to the forum. They are, however, working as quickly as they can to resolve this issue.

2. This forum is a user-to-user forum where those who use the technology help each other out in using the technology that is available to leaders and other members. No one here has anything to do with writing or checking code, or anything else to do with the development of church websites and applications.

Without the Forum, you will be required to rely solely on information from Feedback, either at websites or from in-app email responses, which in my experience has been a very lonely place to be.

With the Forum, you will have a reliable source of information and suggestions from a multitude of users to help you get through the week.

See this post for an outline of what is happening with this problem. If you decide to join the beta, scroll three posts earlier in the same thread for information on how to do so.

Before you join the beta, a few have had success by signing out of the app and signing back in, or by deleting the app and installing it again. But that has not worked for most.

The other option is to wait.
jfabianjr

Post by jfabianjr »

My phone will not sync as well. Emailed tech services a few days ago and they said there is a problem and have not been able to fix it yet...
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

For all those who have been having difficulties syncing -- as of 10:00 pm PST, an updated version of LDS tools for Android has been posted to the Google play store. Looks like it is version 3.54 (100020.1). This updated version , if you update your tablet or phone will work and does sync. It worked for me -- and I am in a leadership position with access to ministering. Thank you tech support for fixing the issue -- and I hope the message gets out that this appears now to be fixed. Good luck to all.
casizaharias

Post by casizaharias »

Mine just worked! Finally!!! :D
markgiroux

Post by markgiroux »

As of a few days ago, LDS tools no longer completes sync on my Android Phone. Therefore, I no longer have access. System is Android 8.1.0. Hardware is Blackberry Key2. Any Guidance? MGx

Return to “Android Member Tools App”