Shows Error Message And Won’t Let Me Log Into the App

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
alferdig

Shows Error Message And Won’t Let Me Log Into the App

Post by alferdig »

I cannot log in to LDS Tools on my mobile app (android). I also have used it for years, with no problem. Now I get this message when I try to log in: ERROR Failed to create a secure connection to LDS.org. Please check your device date and time, as well as your data connection, and then try to sync again. Please help!
Thanks,
Leanne Ferdig
Henderson, Nevada
leanneferdig@gmail.com
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Shows Error Message And Won’t Let Me Log Into the App Via Apple

Post by sbradshaw »

alferdig wrote:I cannot log in to LDS Tools on my mobile app (android). I also have used it for years, with no problem. Now I get this message when I try to log in: ERROR Failed to create a secure connection to LDS.org. Please check your device date and time, as well as your data connection, and then try to sync again. Please help!
The latest version of LDS Tools for Android requires Android 5.0. Do you know what version of Android your device is running?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
letomd

Re: Shows Error Message And Won’t Let Me Log Into the App

Post by letomd »

My phone is running Android 4.3, I'm not buying a new phone just to get LDS Tools operational again. Is it possible to roll back to the version of LDS Tools that works with my phone?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

letomd wrote:My phone is running Android 4.3, I'm not buying a new phone just to get LDS Tools operational again. Is it possible to roll back to the version of LDS Tools that works with my phone?
You already have what works on your phone. But that version is out of date and gets confused because the servers have changed. There is no version that will run on your phone and work with the current server setup.

So, short answer, you're out of luck until you get a new(er) phone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
fluxsmith

Post by fluxsmith »

Found this thread looking for a solution for the phone I'm activating for my wife. Church really needs to get some competent IT! Provident Living does not mean buying a new phone just because Android manufacturers are notoriously poor at supporting OS upgrade!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fluxsmith wrote:Found this thread looking for a solution for the phone I'm activating for my wife. Church really needs to get some competent IT! Provident Living does not mean buying a new phone just because Android manufacturers are notoriously poor at supporting OS upgrade!
It's not a matter of competency, but security. The protocols the older versions of Android support are no longer considered secure. Since Member Tools handles the person information of other members, that's a deal-breaker.

Member Tools is not required, despite what some people think. The Church was established and grew just fine in a era before personal computing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”