Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
johnatwood

Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - Android

Post by johnatwood »

I just did a sync on my android phone during my ministering interview to see the new assignments and lost all visibility of all ministering assignments!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Note: this thread was split from a iOS topic of the same name as it deals with a different OS.
johnatwood wrote:I just did a sync on my android phone during my ministering interview to see the new assignments and lost all visibility of all ministering assignments!!!
The server was likely overloaded. Try again later when members are less likely to be using the system.

Also, make sure that you're on LDS Tools 3.5. Prior versions may have been displaying "HT/VT with lipstick" but any sync since the first will cause the data to disappear.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tlnance6

Post by tlnance6 »

I have had the ministering tab in my LDS Tools just a couple hours ago, but after being prompted to do a sync it NO LONGER IS THERE! What happened? I have tried the uninstalling, power off etc. Any app administrators over seeing these conversations? Should be someone from the LDS tech department overseeing these conversations, that can provide information and get to the bottom of this problem. Please share if you know what to do! (android user)
davesudweeks

Re: Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - Android

Post by davesudweeks »

tlnance6 wrote:I have had the ministering tab in my LDS Tools just a couple hours ago, but after being prompted to do a sync it NO LONGER IS THERE! What happened? I have tried the uninstalling, power off etc. Any app administrators over seeing these conversations? Should be someone from the LDS tech department overseeing these conversations, that can provide information and get to the bottom of this problem. Please share if you know what to do! (android user)
This is a user-to-user support forum, not an official tech support arm of the church. The best/quickest way to get this to the "app administrators or tech department" is to use in-app feedback. You must now be on LDSTools 3.5 in order to see ministering information, and you must be on Android 5 or higher to receive LDSTools 3.5. And, there appear to be some bugs in 3.5 that affect some users so in-app feedback will help developers sort them out.

There are a number of other posts on this forum with more information and reasons the church needed to make the change. If you are not on Android 5 or higher there is no point looking for ministering information to come back - it won't happen (for what it's worth, I cannot upgrade to LDSTools 3.5 right now so I lost access to ministering information as well).
blbachman

Re: Cannot see my ministering assignment or see who my minster is on LDS Tools - Android

Post by blbachman »

Having same problem with Droid Turbo running Android 6.0.1 & LDS Tools 3.5.0.

To add insult to injury, I cannot find anything I would call an "in app feedback."

Oh, and I've uninstalled all LDS apps, shut down and restarted the device, reloaded the app, shut down and restarted the device, and launched Tools but to no avail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

blbachman wrote:To add insult to injury, I cannot find anything I would call an "in app feedback."
Menu icon (three horizontal lines) > Help > Contact us

Select your email client. It will create an email and attach some data to help with diagnosis.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”