New Update August 4th Ministering Bug

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
PsychoPecanShell

New Update August 4th Ministering Bug

Post by PsychoPecanShell »

Since I have updated my app, the "Ministering" section on my LDS tools has disappeared. I tried syncing, uninstalling and reinstalling the app but it won't come back so I have no way to see my new assignments. Any word on this or how I can fix it?
Also my app says I have the latest version, but contradicting that I got a notification when I reinstalled that the app could not update. But it hasn't come back and it didn't give me more info.
This was a great tool and I already miss it haha please help!
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: New Update August 4th Ministering Bug

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure you have 3.5.0. that's what I have and it does sync and shows ministering information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

russellhltn wrote:Make sure you have 3.5.0. that's what I have and it does sync and shows ministering information.
I am on 3.4.1 and am a beta tester. I am running Android 4.4.2.
3.5.0 does not show on Google Play. Any suggestions? Perhaps I need to dump my beta tester status to see the current release?
jbessire73

Post by jbessire73 »

I have the same issue. I could actually see the sisters to whom I ministered before. Now I've installed the update, and it's completely disappeared. Same for my husband. Both have iPhones. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but it's still the same issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I am running Android 4.4.2.
3.5.0 does not show on Google Play.
I dug out my old 4.4.4 phone and can confirm that the Play Store only shows 3.4.1.

You can use the in-app feedback to make your situation known. I'm not close to the developers so I'm not sure what's going on.

According to this site, 4.4 makes up 12.3% of the market. While that may not sound like a lot, that's still over 1 in 10.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
neville2832

Post by neville2832 »

I believe you have to use Android version 5 now.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Beginning with LDS Tools 3.5, you have to use Android 5 (Lollipop) or later. There were some technical issues that required that change in Android versions.

I don't remember the exact statistic (I heard it in a meeting), but there was a review on the number of people who would be affected by this change. It's not a huge number, but it isn't inconsequential, either. Unfortunately, the technical requirement meant we had to make the change.

Users on Android 4 can continue using LDS Tools 3.4.1, but they won't have access to ministering information.
SheriW

Post by SheriW »

I'm using Android 8 and cannot see my ministering information. Help, please!
DarinPrince

Post by DarinPrince »

Missing ministering tab and info also. Android 8.0, app version 3.5.0. wife cannot get hers on her iPhone either.
SheriW

Post by SheriW »

Yea! It works again! Thank You!!!

Return to “Android Member Tools App”