Can't see ministering assignments

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't see ministering assignments

Post by sbradshaw »

mspart wrote:I'm just left wondering why the church hasn't made this known to any of us. That just blows my mind.
Because even employees on the forum don't have a clear answer, I'm guessing that those who make decisions for LDS Tools are still deciding what to do in the long term. That said, it's common that old versions of an operating system need to be dropped as technology advances – not just in the Church, but with any organization that maintains websites or mobile apps.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
mspart

Post by mspart »

I appreciate your words. But it wouldn't take too long to say "Sorry, we cannot continue to support LDS tools on Amazon fire, Kindle, Adroid systems before X and Apple systems before X." This really doesn't make sense to me. This is a tool that the church provides for us to do the work that they want us to do. To turn it off with no explanation at all seems really counterproductive to furthering this work. A little forewarning or post warning would go a long way so I don't need to find out about this via these forums. And the upshot is, now I have to spend a lot of money and get one of the few devices that the Church will support with their tools.

mspart
BensMeister

Post by BensMeister »

I had the same problem. Was running android 5 and lds tools 3.5...everything should have worked. The app updates but loses Ministering. I fully installed the app and reloaded from the Google Play. Doing this gave me my ministering tab. Give it a shot.
scottthompson

Post by scottthompson »

I am an Elders Quorum President and we had a boundary change in our ward a few months ago. We finally finished all of the ministering assignments this last week and as we announced this in quorum today and told everyone to check their LDS Tools app for their assignments, I was disappointed that at least 1/3 of the quorum could not view their assignments on the app. Some uninstalled and reinstalled the app to no avail. Is there a fix for this? Does it depend on the type of phone you have or what version of IOS you have? It is such a great resource and a shame that it is not working properly.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There has been a temporary issue with the servers providing ministering data today. At times ministering data was removed or not available even on LCR. I noticed that when it was not available on LCR then the data was not available on LDS Tools if a sync was accomplished during the server issues. I just checked and the data is available again on LCR and on LDS Tools after a sync. Sometimes waiting to sync on another day other than Sunday when the servers have the greatest load will give better results.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jdlessley wrote:There has been a temporary issue with the servers providing ministering data today. At times ministering data was removed or not available even on LCR. I noticed that when it was not available on LCR then the data was not available on LDS Tools if a sync was accomplished during the server issues. I just checked and the data is available again on LCR and on LDS Tools after a sync.
The server issues were resolved this afternoon and things should be stable now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

scottthompson wrote:Does it depend on the type of phone you have or what version of IOS you have?
Even when the servers are working, you need at least Android 5 or iOS 10 for it to work.

But keep in mind that telling people to use the app is no better than the old system with little slips of paper. There's more to the assignment than passing out names.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

scgallafent wrote:The server issues were resolved this afternoon and things should be stable now.
Note that if you synced while there were server issues and some or all of your Ministering information is missing in LDS Tools, you will need to sync again for Ministering information to appear again in LDS Tools.
reebear

Post by reebear »

Please provide an update. I have never been able to see my ministering data on any app or website, and it's a pain to go to the RS presidency to find out when they say "We've made changes, check your app."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

reebear wrote:t's a pain to go to the RS presidency to find out when they say "We've made changes, check your app."
I don't think they're doing it right. It sounds like they're trying to regress to the "little slips of paper".
Handbook 2: 9.5.3:
After the bishop has given approval, a member of the Relief Society presidency meets with ministering sisters to give them their assignments and to counsel about the strengths, needs, and challenges of those to whom the sisters minister. This conversation may take place in a ministering interview or whenever needed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”