Recommend expiration reminders

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
clownsu

Recommend expiration reminders

Post by clownsu »

I work at the recommend desk in St. George and it is sad when we have to turn a patron away because their recommend has expired. With the glorious functioning and reliability of LDS Tools, is there any way a member's recommend expiration date can be added to their file and rwminders sent out alerting them by text, email, or both that their recommend is about to expire? I suggest that 30 day, 1 week and expiration day reminders would be effective. Perhaps the reminder could also include the Ward Exec. Secretary phone and email for appt setting purposes (i.e. Please contact Bro. Jim Smith at 000-111-2222 or jsmith@email.com to make an appointment with your Bishop, or see your Bishop on his regular interview
night to have your recommend renewed.)
eblood66

Re: Recommend expiration reminders

Post by eblood66 »

It doesn't text or email but the current version of LDS Tools on Android will show a reminder in the sidebar menu starting 30 days before your expiration. If you use LDS Tools much at all you'll see it. You do have to turn a setting on. I'm not sure if it's on by default.

I doubt they will add the ability to add stake or ward specific text in the reminder.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Something similar is available in the iOS version.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

eblood66 wrote:It doesn't text or email but the current version of LDS Tools on Android will show a reminder in the sidebar menu starting 30 days before your expiration.
There also is a 60-day reminder option.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”