Show temple recommend

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jhardy355

Show temple recommend

Post by jhardy355 »

On my android LDS tools in "Settings" after "Temple recommend expiration reminder" the next item is "Show Temple Recommend". I have it turned on(I think) but I don't see where in LDS tools I can see the recommend. I do not see it in the Temples section.
eblood66

Re: Show temple recommend

Post by eblood66 »

The next line actually says 'Show Temple Recommend Expiration'. It's just the setting for whether it will remind you when your temple recommend is expiring.

However, you should be able to see your recommend expiration date in the Membership Information section of your entry in the Directory section.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

If I turn my cell phone sideways I can see that whole sentence, however, I do not see my recommend expiration date in the membership information section and someone I know showed me on their app a picture of their recommend. Do I-phones show more things?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jhardy355 wrote:I do not see my recommend expiration date in the membership information section and someone I know showed me on their app a picture of their recommend. Do I-phones show more things?
Your Membership Information section should show your Full Name, then under Temple Recommend you should see the status of your recommend (Active) and then a date. Your recommend expires on the last day of the month and year shown.

I have no idea if iOS shows a replica of your temple recommend. That person may have been looking at LDS.org with their browser. Either way, your recommend does not show an expiration date. It will show an issue date and will expire at the end of that month two years later.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jhardy355 wrote:If I turn my cell phone sideways I can see that whole sentence, however, I do not see my recommend expiration date in the membership information section and someone I know showed me on their app a picture of their recommend. Do I-phones show more things?
I just checked on my wife's phone and it doesn't show up for her so I must see it because I'm a clerk. If it shows in an iPhone for general membership then maybe it will be added to Android at some point. Often one or the other gets a new feature before the other. The information must be stored behind the scenes in order to give the notification. It make sense to show it.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

lajackson wrote:
jhardy355 wrote:I do not see my recommend expiration date in the membership information section and someone I know showed me on their app a picture of their recommend. Do I-phones show more things?
Your Membership Information section should show your Full Name, then under Temple Recommend you should see the status of your recommend (Active) and then a date. Your recommend expires on the last day of the month and year shown.

I have no idea if iOS shows a replica of your temple recommend. That person may have been looking at LDS.org with their browser. Either way, your recommend does not show an expiration date. It will show an issue date and will expire at the end of that month two years later.
There is no section called "Temple Recommend" in my "Membership Information" section. I do not see an issue date.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

eblood66 wrote:
jhardy355 wrote:If I turn my cell phone sideways I can see that whole sentence, however, I do not see my recommend expiration date in the membership information section and someone I know showed me on their app a picture of their recommend. Do I-phones show more things?
I just checked on my wife's phone and it doesn't show up for her so I must see it because I'm a clerk. If it shows in an iPhone for general membership then maybe it will be added to Android at some point. Often one or the other gets a new feature before the other. The information must be stored behind the scenes in order to give the notification. It make sense to show it.
I am a finance clerk but perhaps I don't have authorization to see that info? The person who showed me his , is our ward clerk.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jhardy355 wrote:I am a finance clerk but perhaps I don't have authorization to see that info? The person who showed me his , is our ward clerk.
Finance clerks generally do not have any extra access to membership data. I'm also a finance clerk but I also have a calling of Assistant Ward Clerk (the one without --Finance or --Membership after it). I'm pretty sure that's the one that let's me see membership information in LCR and LDS Tools.
jhardy355

Post by jhardy355 »

eblood66 wrote:
jhardy355 wrote:I am a finance clerk but perhaps I don't have authorization to see that info? The person who showed me his , is our ward clerk.
Finance clerks generally do not have any extra access to membership data. I'm also a finance clerk but I also have a calling of Assistant Ward Clerk (the one without --Finance or --Membership after it). I'm pretty sure that's the one that let's me see membership information in LCR and LDS Tools.
That may be, but if I have the ability to change whether or not I can see the temple recommend expiration date in Settings, I should be able to see it, otherwise why have the option to make that choice available?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jhardy355 wrote:That may be, but if I have the ability to change whether or not I can see the temple recommend expiration date in Settings, I should be able to see it, otherwise why have the option to make that choice available?
But the setting is about whether or not you get a notification when your recommend is about to expire, not about whether you can see the expiration date.

However, I don't see any reason why a person shouldn't be able to see their expiration date and the information is obviously downloaded. So it may just be a matter of time until it's implemented. You can always provide feedback in the app to make that request.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”