LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Discussions around the Android version of the LDS Tools application
Android29
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 am

LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby Android29 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:26 pm

I am a stake membership clerk.
We have quite a few members who are in Out of Unit Callings. Typically YSA wards or stakes etc.

On LDS.org these members show the Out of Unit Callings.
However, using LDS Tools, the Out of Unit Callings do not display on the members Callings and Classes tab.

I do not know if this is working as intended or an oversight or a bug.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2987
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:36 am

Are you an out-of-unit member yourself?
Also, just yesterday a beta went out for LDS Tools (3.2.0) – are you on the beta, and if so, are you seeing the problem there too?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1511
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby jonesrk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Android29 wrote:I am a stake membership clerk.
We have quite a few members who are in Out of Unit Callings. Typically YSA wards or stakes etc.

On LDS.org these members show the Out of Unit Callings.
However, using LDS Tools, the Out of Unit Callings do not display on the members Callings and Classes tab.

I do not know if this is working as intended or an oversight or a bug.

Any ideas?
Thanks.


That doesn't supprise me. The call for LDS Tools is get all the callings for this unit (for the stake and all child units) so that would not include the callings outside the stake.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2987
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby sbradshaw » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:02 pm

I may have misinterpreted your question. Are you looking at callings under the ward/stake where these leaders are serving, or are you looking at callings from the home ward/stake of these leaders?
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Android29
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 am

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby Android29 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:42 pm

No, I am not looking at the callings under the ward/stake where these leaders are serving because I only can see our Stake. I am looking at the Member and Callings & Classes.

Android29
New Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:21 am

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby Android29 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 pm

also, just installed the beta 3.2.0 version and the problem still exists.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14909
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Android29 wrote:also, just installed the beta 3.2.0 version and the problem still exists.

I can see how you might consider it a problem, but according to this post by jonesrk, there is no requirement for LDS Tools to show those callings, so those in charge of LDS Tools don't consider it a problem to be fixed.

You're welcome to use the in-app Feedback option to suggest that the LDS Tools requirements in this area might be changed.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1511
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Re: LDS Tools not displaying Out of Unit Callings

Postby jonesrk » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:51 am

aebrown wrote:
Android29 wrote:also, just installed the beta 3.2.0 version and the problem still exists.

I can see how you might consider it a problem, but according to this post by jonesrk, there is no requirement for LDS Tools to show those callings, so those in charge of LDS Tools don't consider it a problem to be fixed.

I don't know for sure what the requirements are I just know what call they are making to the services to get the data. I believe that they are trying to bring some consistency between what shows in LDS Tools and LCR, so I think providing this as feedback is a good idea.
Ryan Jones

CDOL Developer

Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk

Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Android LDS Tools”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nosbaldiston and 1 guest