Confidential membership info. Android LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
rnjones35

Confidential membership info. Android LDS Tools

Post by rnjones35 »

I am the membership clerk and a sister of the ward contacted me complaining that her age was showing up in the ward directory of LDS Tools. Checking it out on my Android tablet I discovered that not only were ages revealed but all information, including confidential info. was there as well. NOT GOOD!!

Ray N. Jones, Membership Clerk
Shaw Butte Ward, Phoenix Arizona North Stake
602-863-1571
ray9jay@yahoo.com
jokamura

Re: Confidential membership info. Android LDS Tools

Post by jokamura »

FYI, We can see our own information and as the membership clerk you can see quite a bit more.
"Accept what you can't change, and change what you can't accept, but know the difference between the two."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rnjones35 wrote:a sister of the ward contacted me complaining that her age was showing up in the ward directory of LDS Tools.
Yes, you can see your own age, and perhaps the age of some family members. If she looks around, she'll probably notice that she can't see the ages of others in the ward (unless she happens to be the ward council).

rnjones35 wrote:I am the membership clerk and ... Checking it out on my Android tablet I discovered that not only were ages revealed but all information, including confidential info. was there as well.
As a membership clerk, you have access to all that information.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rnjones35 wrote:I am the membership clerk and a sister of the ward contacted me complaining that her age was showing up in the ward directory of LDS Tools.
As others have mentioned, unless she has a calling as a ward leader, she will only see her own age. You, on the other hand, will see them all because of your calling. You can check this out by asking a member without a leadership calling to look in LDS Tools and share with you what they see.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”