Recent update missing leadership resources

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
blederjr

Recent update missing leadership resources

Post by blederjr »

The recent update is missing access to information like ordinances, baptismal date, confirmation date, Temple recommend information and other such information that I could previously view in Tools. I am the Bishop of the Ward and relied greatly on this information being accessible on my phone.

Other Android users in the Bishopric (using different phones) report the same thing.

Anyone know if this information will be restored?
kd7mha

Re: Recent update missing leadership resources

Post by kd7mha »

On my android phone when looking at the individual I see [Contact, Household, Callings and Classes, Home and Visiting Teaching, Membership Information] you will need to scroll the headings to see them all, the information you are looking for is under Membership information
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

And if you start in household view, after opening the household, you have to tap on an individual's name (even if that individual is the only person in the household), and only then do those headers show up to scroll through. (IMO, the current GUI is a bit lacking in intuitivity and wastes a fair amount of screen space.)
blederjr

Post by blederjr »

Ah ha!! Thank you for pointing out where to find the membership information. My Tools was defaulted to opening with household view vs individual (which I prefer). In household view, clicking on the individual does bring up the membership information option with all the member's data.

In the old version, I believe we still had to click on the individual to get the membership information but it was a little more intuitive. Amazing how I can barely remember the clicks required in the old version....it was just second nature. I still have the old version on my Galaxy Tab A tablet (just not in front of me right now), so I will be able to compare the different click-steps when I have my tablet in hand.

Again, thank you for helping me find the info!!
rmanpaul

Post by rmanpaul »

I'd agree with previous comments. There is member specific information not coming through, the main one being the membership number but ordinance info would be great to be available again.
blederjr

Post by blederjr »

rmanpaul wrote:I'd agree with previous comments. There is member specific information not coming through, the main one being the membership number but ordinance info would be great to be available again.
Actually LDS Tools for Android does contain the membership record as well as ordinance information. Click on the members name, looking at the heading scroll to the right, click on Membership Information and it is all there.
rmanpaul

Post by rmanpaul »

Thank you. I found it. Appreciate your help.

Do you know on a different topic if we will get handbook 1 on android?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmanpaul wrote:Do you know on a different topic if we will get handbook 1 on android?
Please follow the Code of Conduct: "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread." Or better yet, post to an existing thread on the subject (for example, Handbook 1).

Return to “Android Member Tools App”