Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Discussions around the Android version of the LDS Tools application
Neumann

Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Postby Neumann » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:45 am

Hey, just wanted to say that I love how far things have come with the LDS tools app. When will we be able to edit/add events to calendars within the app instead of having to go to the website? For an executive secretary, that would be super beneficial!

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Add event to LDS tools app calendar

Postby russellhltn » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:27 am

First that ability/API would have to be added to the LDS Calendar itself. Secondly, since LDS Tools woks on a sync method rather than real-time, something would have to be worked out on what to do if conflicting information is input in different places. That's a pretty non-trivial issue. I'm not sure if there's any plans to solve it.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

wkchriste

Postby wkchriste » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 am

I wanted to follow up to see if there's been any conversation around this topic? It's kind of gone dark and I'm interested in the results.

Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?

Thanks,
K.C.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:34 am

wkchriste wrote:Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?

No. That's not the way the church works. It will happen when the Priesthood department decides to make it a priority. Right now, I think they're focused in development in other areas.
Have you searched the Wiki?

Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:42 am

wkchriste wrote:I wanted to follow up to see if there's been any conversation around this topic? It's kind of gone dark and I'm interested in the results.

This same question is asked occasionally in the Calendar forum (see, for example, here). But the answer is the same: we've heard of no plans to put this capability in LDS Tools, but then again, we rarely hear of any plans until a feature is in beta or even released.

wkchriste wrote:Is there a list anywhere that we can vote for items we would like to see implemented?

Use the Feedback option within the LDS Tools app (on the Help menu) to make your suggestion. It's not an actual "vote," but someone on the team will at least see the suggestion.

Return to “Android LDS Tools”