Creating lists

Discussions around the Android version of the LDS Tools application
zaneclark

Creating lists

Postby zaneclark » Sun May 03, 2015 1:21 pm

I use an iPhone and make heavy use of the Lists feature. Today at church I was showing someone with an android phone how to create lists, but it appears you have to search for each name to add it to the list, while in my iPhone, you can scroll through the entire directory, and check the names you want in your list. I'm hoping android has something similar and I just missed it... Anyone know about this?

lmcguire

Re: Creating lists

Postby lmcguire » Sun May 03, 2015 2:15 pm

You can scroll the directory, load the person page, and at the bottom is a greenish heading for "LISTS" and you can tap on "None" (if they're not in a list) or the name of a list (if they're already in a list) and this pops up a list of your lists (ahem). Check the box next to each list you want the person to be in (or uncheck, to remove from a list), then tap "SAVE" in the upper right corner.

If you want to make a new list to put the person in, when the list of lists comes up, click the + symbol at the top.

Hope that helps,

Liz

mschmauch

Postby mschmauch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am

I use Nexus 6P Android 7.0 and I created names for 3 lists and want to delete 2 of those list names but see no way. Also, I seem to be able to select people and put them in the list I want to, but when I try to see those in the list, I see nothing. Why?

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:54 am

The three vertical dots at the top right have the menu options you need. Display the list in question, then press the three-dot icon.

If you wish to delete the entire list, select Delete. If you wish to keep the list but delete specific members in the list, select Edit where you will be given an option to delete individual members of the list.

mschmauch

Re: Creating lists using Android 7.0

Postby mschmauch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:06 pm

I do not see three dots for the whole or horizontal when I'm trying to select a specific list so perhaps Android 7.0 is not fully supported yet by LDS tools. In

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Creating lists using Android 7.0

Postby russellhltn » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:14 pm

mschmauch wrote:perhaps Android 7.0 is not fully supported yet by LDS tools. In

Considering that I think 7.0 came out in just the past couple of days. that wouldn't surprise me.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Android LDS Tools”