Calendar shows up incorrectly on LDS Tools App

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
ryanalder

Calendar shows up incorrectly on LDS Tools App

Post by ryanalder »

On the LDS tools app it is showing events for days they are not scheduled. For example, I had entered "General Conference" on the Stake Calendar for the correct days but on the LDS tools calendar it shows up as being on Sat, Sun, and Monday. Same with Stake Conference and other events that are on the stake calendar for only one day
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar shows up incorrectly on LDS Tools App

Post by russellhltn »

Are these all-day events? What time zone are you in? What platform are you on (iOS, Android, Windows)?

You may want to confirm that the calender shows up correctly on lds.org for other computers.

The events are all stored as "absolute" time and are adjusted for display in your current time zone. If either of your computers is in a incorrect time zone, there will be trouble. Mobile devices can be tricky as they may sync to a nearby time zone and not the "home" one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryanalder

Post by ryanalder »

Thank you so much for your advice. I went and changed one of the "absolute/all day" events to a timed event, re-synced, and it fixed the problem. Interestingly, this problem was only noticed on Android and not Apple devices. Of course it complicates things that we are in AZ where we do not observe DST. We definitely DO NOT need any more daylight during the summer.
Thank you, kindly, for your help. I will go through and add time frames where I can.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ryanalder wrote:I went and changed one of the "absolute/all day" events to a timed event,
When you say timed, is it still midnight to midnight, or is it something less?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”