Possible to add ward calendar items from phone?

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
mattcragun

Possible to add ward calendar items from phone?

Postby mattcragun » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:37 am

I am just wondering if it is possible to ADD a calendar item from my phone. I know that it is possible to sync my calendar to the ward calendar, but I would like the ability to administer the ward calendar when not at my computer. Is that supported currently--if not, is it planned?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 am

mattcragun wrote:I am just wondering if it is possible to ADD a calendar item from my phone. I know that it is possible to sync my calendar to the ward calendar, but I would like the ability to administer the ward calendar when not at my computer. Is that supported currently--if not, is it planned?

There is no such capability now. The sync is just one direction -- from the lds.org calendar to the mobile device, and not the other way around. You can use a browser on a smart phone to administer the calendar, but the calendar pages are so big that it requires a lot of zooming and scrolling and is quite unwieldy.

It would certainly be handy to have a calendar administration mobile app, but I haven't heard of any plans for that. You could certainly make that suggestion using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

KenRichins

Postby KenRichins » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:15 am

using an iPhone and going to lds.org I can add and edit the calendar from my phone using the internet browser

bjcoleman

Postby bjcoleman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Trying to add events through a browser is absolutely brutal. Probably takes me 3-5 minutes for something that takes 30 seconds on a desktop. If you could add calendar events through LDS Tools it would be amazing.

loulou8

Postby loulou8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:28 pm

aebrown wrote:There is no such capability now. The sync is just one direction -- from the lds.org calendar to the mobile device, and not the other way around. You can use a browser on a smart phone to administer the calendar, but the calendar pages are so big that it requires a lot of zooming and scrolling and is quite unwieldy.

It would certainly be handy to have a calendar administration mobile app, but I haven't heard of any plans for that. You could certainly make that suggestion using the Submit Feedback link on lds.org.

I would also like to see this feature implemented. Do you have plans to add this feature? Also, were you able to find a workaround so I do not have to add dates through the browser, which is a painful process.

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:07 pm

loulou8 wrote:I would also like to see this feature implemented. Do you have plans to add this feature?
Unless a member of the Calendar development team sees this thread and responds we are in the dark just as much as you.

loulou8 wrote:Also, were you able to find a workaround so I do not have to add dates through the browser, which is a painful process.
For now the only way to create events is through a web browser.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “LDS Tools”