IPhone/iPad app for remote branch sites

Any discussions around the LDS Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
schow

IPhone/iPad app for remote branch sites

Postby schow » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 am

I am a senior missionary serving in Siberia Russia. Our branches do not have Internet access or computers. I have Internet access in my apartment. Is there an app like LDS tools that I can manually enter member information for basic callings, lists, HT/ VT?

I have an iPhone, iPad and PC.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

schow wrote:I am a senior missionary serving in Siberia Russia. Our branches do not have Internet access or computers. I have Internet access in my apartment. Is there an app like LDS tools that I can manually enter member information for basic callings, lists, HT/ VT?

I have an iPhone, iPad and PC.

The only application that allows clerks and leaders to enter and update member information is Member and Leader Services (MLS), which runs on a PC. Under normal conditions, it is only installed on Church-owned computers when used with live membership data. Your mission president should be able to give you guidance as to whether MLS could be used in this situation; MLS connects with the area office to obtain and update information, so there would probably need to be contacted as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “LDS Tools”