Relationship between LDS Tools and MLS Stake Custom Callings

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dolza42

Relationship between LDS Tools and MLS Stake Custom Callings

Post by dolza42 »

I recently updated my Stake MLS with several custom callings, including changing the order of the callings and who was serving in those positions. I did a send/receive and refreshed my LDS Tools database several days after. The only change that I can see is the people serving in the positions; I did not see any change in the calling order. Here's my question: What is the relationship between MLS Custom Callings and LDS Tools? Does LDS Tools ignore the order in which I place these callings? I'm not sure what is supposed to be happening between these two tools.

Thanks!
Matt Paulson
Roy Utah Midland Stake Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dolza42 wrote:I recently updated my Stake MLS with several custom callings, including changing the order of the callings and who was serving in those positions. I did a send/receive and refreshed my LDS Tools database several days after. The only change that I can see is the people serving in the positions; I did not see any change in the calling order. Here's my question: What is the relationship between MLS Custom Callings and LDS Tools? Does LDS Tools ignore the order in which I place these callings? I'm not sure what is supposed to be happening between these two tools.

It would be helpful for you to look in CDOL to see what is displayed there. LDS Tools doesn't get any information directly from MLS; rather, the calling information is sent from MLS to CDOL, and then it is made available to LDS Tools from web services that access CDOL. So looking at CDOL would at least help you to know at what point the ordering information is being discarded. My guess is that it doesn't even make it to CDOL, but that's only a guess.

For callings where we have multiple people serving in the same calling, those people are not ordered in CDOL in the same order they appear in MLS (they are alphabetical by first name), and custom callings seem to appear in alphabetical order (after all the standard callings) within their organization.

Note: I moved this topic from the Ward Tools thread under General Discussions forum to a new thread in the LDS Tools forum, where it more properly belongs
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:My guess is that it doesn't even make it to CDOL, but that's only a guess.
That is correct. Currently CDOL and MLS don't communicate the display order of callings. That will likely come as the ability to manage callings moves online to the leader and clerk tools.

Return to “Member Tools”