LDS Tools My Lists Suggestion

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
auslinford

LDS Tools My Lists Suggestion

Post by auslinford »

Love the ap. These lists can be used in so many ways: Home teaching, RS Home Making planning, YM/YW activities, Church athletics, etc.

A few suggestions"
1 - Ability to email or text the contents of the list.
2 - Options to sort/re-order the list once created.
3 - Option to create subheadings within a list.
4 - Option to add notes to the list, subheadings or members.
GrasseDD

Calendar? Sorting by case

Post by GrasseDD »

I got my SE Experia just in time to get the new LDS Tools for Android. I love it--more importantly, my wife loves it.
The wiki for Android says that LDS Tools includes calendar events. Does it? (If so, it's very well hidden!). Or, perhaps it is planned for a later release, and that part of the wiki page was pasted from the iPod page?
Anyway, I'm very hopeful and excited for that functionality.

The member list sorts funny--capital letters first. In fact, names spelled with ALL CAPS are listed first, then Mixed Case names, then names beginning with lower case (ie: "del MONTE" and "van der Kemp")
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

duanegrasse wrote:The member list sorts funny--capital letters first. In fact, names spelled with ALL CAPS are listed first, then Mixed Case names, then names beginning with lower case (ie: "del MONTE" and "van der Kemp")
What's funny about that? Everyone knows that A=65, B=66, C=67, etc. and a=97, b=98, c=99, etc. So of course "B" comes before "a".

Sorry, I couldn't resist a bit of weak ASCII humor. Clearly, some developer neglected to do a case-insensitive sort. That should be easy enough to fix.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

duanegrasse wrote:The wiki for Android says that LDS Tools includes calendar events. Does it? (If so, it's very well hidden!).
The iTouch version of the tool looks to new.lds.org for the calendar. Since our stake has not yet made the jump that calendar site, the calendar feature in LDS Toods is not yet available for me.

I suspect that Android looks to the same place?
rbailey

Post by rbailey »

The one feature that Ward Tools had that LDS tools does not (at least as far as I have found) is the time someone has been serving in a calling. Though probably not of much use for everyone, I used ward tools often in Stake Presidency meeting to let the Presidency know how long someone had been serving in a calling. Please consider bringing this feature to LDS Tools.

Return to “Member Tools”