LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
nelsonk6

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by nelsonk6 »

I just synced my account on LDS tools and now I have two of everyone. Just an FYI...never happened before.

Thanks for a great tool!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Please provide your device system so we can move this to the appropriate forum.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
briedenc

Post by briedenc »

russellhltn wrote:
eth.dodge wrote:I would like to add that it would be much more efficient and easier if people could report their home teaching to the EQ via the app. No more calling everyone in the quorum and the presidency can just go online to get their report.
We've been told that's not going to happen. I think the theory is that the HT should discuss how the families are doing not just report "done".
I agree with eth.dodge, although understand Russell's perspective. Having the ability to quick report allows members to be accountable. This allows EQ president to focus attention on those who are not being taught. Anyone know of any third party app that could do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

briedenc wrote:Anyone know of any third party app that could do this?
Which can quickly run into other issues since it would be pretty much impossible to have a third party app without loading member's names into it. And that's a big red flag.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ryankellogg

Post by ryankellogg »

A feature I would like added is an auto-refresh of the calendar upon entry. I'm an executive secretary and current manually initiated refresh causes issues with bishopric's who rely on the calendar, but forget to update.

LDS Tools just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for all the hard work!
Last edited by ryankellogg on Mon May 02, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryankellogg

Post by ryankellogg »

jdlessley wrote:Please provide your device system so we can move this to the appropriate forum.
iOS
qdman

Post by qdman »

I'm the High Councillor over missionary work for our stake.

At our latest Ward Mission Leader Coordination meeting, it was noted that it would be nice to be able to access Missionary Progress Reports through LDS Tools. Any chance of that coming to pass?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

qdman wrote:At our latest Ward Mission Leader Coordination meeting, it was noted that it would be nice to be able to access Missionary Progress Reports through LDS Tools. Any chance of that coming to pass?
It has a good chance of coming to pass. The question is when. Each LDS Tools platform has a different development effort and therefore would roll out the feature on a different time line.

I recommend asking your question in the forum for the platform you are using. Even better yet is to ask the question using the feedback in the application for the platform you are using. The developers will get your question quicker that way. Some of the developers for some platforms are not as active, or not present at all, in the forums and you will only get the best guess from other community members in those forums.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

briedenc wrote:Having the ability to quick report allows members to be accountable. This allows EQ president to focus attention on those who are not being taught.
How do you address the needs of those who are being taught and need help, if all you focus on is those who aren't being taught? Accountability is more than a yes/no.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
pennywallace

Post by pennywallace »

Thank you for LDS tools. It would be nice to search by calling. Example: primary president, activity day leaders etc. Thank you

Return to “Member Tools”