LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
johnshaw

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by johnshaw »

So I just clicked on the link in the directory that says 'Learn More about Visibility Settings' which took me to this page: https://www.lds.org/help/support/editin ... e?lang=eng --> In that page I found the same description as you have stated above.

Where I saw the change was in the directory, when I went to change the settings on my personal email address (I'm assuming all of the visibility settings) --> it is the description when I went to change it. I'll upload the png.
visibilitysettings.png
visibilitysettings.png (13.83 KiB) Viewed 2140 times
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A real nit-pick, but it should probably "your ward's quorum and auxiliary leaders". Because it's all the quorum and auxiliary leaders of your ward, not just "your" leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:
johnshaw wrote:I just looked at the private setting in the directory, it has been updated from Bishopric/Stake leaders to this:
Visible to Church leaders, including your ward quorum and auxiliary leaders.
Where are you seeing this?
This is an excerpt from the Household Visibility and Privacy Agreement. It's near the middle of the last paragraph.

But it is inconsistent with the wording in Editing Your Profile, which down in Step #4 of the section titled "Set Privacy Levels for Each Household Member" has a narrower definition of who the "Private - Leadership only" privacy setting applies to.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

russellhltn wrote:A real nit-pick, but it should probably "your ward's quorum and auxiliary leaders". Because it's all the quorum and auxiliary leaders of your ward, not just "your" leaders.
The current wording is certainly acceptable English, and is consistent with other usage in the Church. For example, we say "Ward Mission Leader", not "Ward's Mission Leader"; "Stake YM President", not "Stake's YM President"; etc. The word "ward" in this case is functioning as an adjective, not a noun. And I don't agree that there is any distinction between all the leaders and my leaders; I am male and thus not a member of Relief Society, but my ward RS president would certainly fit my definition of my "ward quorum and auxiliary leaders".
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm worried about a bait-n-switch issue here. We informed members of privacy settings, many made decisions based on only bishoprics and stake presidencies being the 'leaders' defined. It stayed that way for several years and now 'leader' means something different than it did originally and has been expanded.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
tiffles.mortensen@gmail.com

Post by tiffles.mortensen@gmail.com »

Problem with the Ward information. I just noticed, the adult ages of the members is now being listed for the whole ward to view. This is private information. There isn't a way for the member to delete this....
Please fix asap!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tiffles.mortensen@gmail.com wrote:Problem with the Ward information. I just noticed, the adult ages of the members is now being listed for the whole ward to view. This is private information. There isn't a way for the member to delete this....
Please fix asap!
It is visible to members of the ward council. It is not visible to the general membership.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alecjohnson24

Post by alecjohnson24 »

I was just put as ward exec and i have to email lists of people some times. Is there a way that with people that have their emails you can just click a box next to there name so we can email customized list of people a lot quicker?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Yes, you can use the "Lists" feature to set up and email a group of people.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Bryguymoeller

Post by Bryguymoeller »

I have really appreciated the application now available and for your countless hours and effort in order to help us help all other members of the ward and stake. It is brilliant and very inspired! I have recently seen the great need to keep track of home teaching assignments and their hometeachers. I would suggest this to be a new feature in the future updates of the application. This would help Ward Councils access pertinent information quickly and effectively, as the church focuses more and more on the mobility of information.

I would love to know the progress of such an application. Thank you for your time!

Return to “Member Tools”