LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by jdlessley »

llvarney wrote:... it would really be very, very helpful if we could add pictures for ALL ward members for internal use by at least the bishopric and be able to put in a check box by individual to indicate that the picture may also be viewed by others.
[Moderator note: We highly recommend you post in the appropriate operating system version of LDS Tools forum since each system has its own development team for LDS Tools. Features on one version of LDS Tools may or may not be on another system's version of LDS Tools. This thread was started several years ago when little was understood about development of LDS Tools on different operating systems.]

While some operating system versions of LDS Tools provide the capability to upload photos, they do not yet provide the same visibility setting capabilities found in the Directory on LDS.org. You can change the visibility settings on LDS.org Directory after they have been uploaded.
llvarney wrote:My understanding is that we are not to be adding pictures to of individuals without their permission.
That is correct. This is a legal issue varying from country to country that can cause legal problems for the Church and anyone uploading a photo or photos without permission. Whether or not others outside leadership can view the uploaded photo does not matter - permission must still be obtained before uploading.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
richardswalberg

Post by richardswalberg »

How about the ability to see who I home teach when I'm logged on to my tools app? It would save time trying to get it from an elders quorum presidency member when it's already in the system and I can just look it up myself.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

richardswalberg wrote:How about the ability to see who I home teach when I'm logged on to my tools app? It would save time trying to get it from an elders quorum presidency member when it's already in the system and I can just look it up myself.
Information about home teaching is currently only in MLS, and thus is not really "in the system", at least not in the web services that would be required for the LDS Tools app to gather that information. But such services are probably being developed as part of the move of HT/VT functionality to Leader and Clerk Resources, scheduled to be delivered by the end of this quarter. Once the services are in place, it would be possible for LDS Tools to add this functionality, but that would take additional development time, and there are no indications as to whether that feature is even planned, let alone when it might be implemented.
cynthialk

An iOS bug - maybe carrier or IOS version related?

Post by cynthialk »

Discovered something interesting earlier today. I was going to meet a friend at her house, and looked on my AT&T iPad to double check her address. The address wasn't there, even though it had been previously listed.
Thinking they might have deleted it, I told her about it - and she's heard it before from some iOS users - while other iOS users have been able to view it. She showed me that their address was listed - and displayed on her Android phone. (She's also checked with the ward clerk, who assures her it's been entered properly.)
Thinking it might be device-dependent, I checked my iPhone - no address.
Both my devices are on iOS 8.3, and AT&T.
When I last viewed her address on an iOS device I was running either 8.1 or 8.2.
I don't have enough information to speculate if the problem is iOS-version specific, or if it's related to my carrier. (Although I'll try to get some.)
I checked other addresses in her ward (different from mine), and I was able to view them.
I did try restarting my phone, and restarting LDSTools... didn't make any difference.
Any idea what's going on?
Thanks!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: An iOS bug - maybe carrier or IOS version related?

Post by sbradshaw »

cynthialk wrote:Discovered something interesting earlier today. I was going to meet a friend at her house, and looked on my AT&T iPad to double check her address. The address wasn't there, even though it had been previously listed.
My guess is it has to do with her privacy settings – anyone can set their household and individual privacy settings to one of three options: stake visibility (default), ward visibility, or leadership only. Leadership includes ward council members and their councilors and secretaries. I'd have her check her privacy settings, first.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
cynthialk

Post by cynthialk »

Would that account for the fact that some members of her ward could see the information and others couldn't? I'll try to get clarification. And I'll ask her.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sbradshaw wrote:
cynthialk wrote:Discovered something interesting earlier today. I was going to meet a friend at her house, and looked on my AT&T iPad to double check her address. The address wasn't there, even though it had been previously listed.
My guess is it has to do with her privacy settings – anyone can set their household and individual privacy settings to one of three options: stake visibility (default), ward visibility, or leadership only. Leadership includes ward council members and their councilors and secretaries. I'd have her check her privacy settings, first.
And of course her address will be visible to her.

Privacy settings are more likely an issue than iOS verses Android. Not to say it's impossible, but I'd want to hear that her settings were checked and it was set for "stake". ("Ward" sometimes doesn't work right. It's a historical issue.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

cynthialk wrote:Would that account for the fact that some members of her ward could see the information and others couldn't? I'll try to get clarification. And I'll ask her.
Yes, those members that can see the address are likely ward council members, councilors, or secretaries in the ward.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I just looked at the private setting in the directory, it has been updated from Bishopric/Stake leaders to this:
Visible to Church leaders, including your ward quorum and auxiliary leaders.
I almost think there should be another mode.... Stake, Ward, Leaders, Bishopric/StakePresidency
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

johnshaw wrote:I just looked at the private setting in the directory, it has been updated from Bishopric/Stake leaders to this:
Visible to Church leaders, including your ward quorum and auxiliary leaders.
Where are you seeing this? What I see is this:
Private - Leadership Only: Only administrators for your ward and stake can see the information. Administrators include stake presidencies, bishoprics, clerks, executive secretaries, and website administrators.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Member Tools”