LDS Tools Feedback

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Feedback

Post by sbradshaw »

johnshaw wrote:The next thing I'd like to see out of LDS Tools is an area of communication or adding the 'newsletter' site to LDS Tools. Something like Cloud-storage. Give the Stake an area and give the Ward an area - Then let them upload docs like 'Temple Recommend Interview schedules' Stake Templates for reimbursement, Stake Conference Program, Ward Mission Plan, Ward Employment information, Ward Sacrament Program, Ward LESSON SCHEDULE, etc...
I wouldn't get your hopes up about the Newsletter – see the comments on the LDS Media Talk article about Lesson Schedules:
http://ldsmediatalk.com/2016/11/22/less ... continued/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Which is why I labeled 'newsletter' with quotes, it would be newsletter-like, but rather than being a website that people had to visit, the documents would just show up on a LDS Tools sync.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
michaellindqvist

Post by michaellindqvist »

We are having the following problem with the LDS Tools app. At least for iOS, the members that are out-of-unit-members don't show up in there home ward. They show up in one of the units where they are a out-of-unit-member. It might have to do with that LDS Tools sorts the person in the unit that is first in the alphabet. Could this be fixed? The way we usually uses out-of-unit-members is priesthood holders with callings in small branches. They still live in their normal ward and have home teachers and things like that there.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

michaellindqvist wrote:At least for iOS, the members that are out-of-unit-members don't show up in there home ward. They show up in one of the units where they are a out-of-unit-member. It might have to do with that LDS Tools sorts the person in the unit that is first in the alphabet. Could this be fixed?
This is a problem with the way LDS Tools works on iOS. Those with Android devices see the member in both units. I am sure the iOS programmers are trying to figure out how to make it work and just have not yet figured out how to do it.

As an aside, the Android version actually shows the member twice in some places, especially in the Callings section. But I would rather see it twice than not at all.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

michaellindqvist wrote:We are having the following problem with the LDS Tools app. At least for iOS, the members that are out-of-unit-members don't show up in there home ward.
I believe there is in-app feedback that would be the best place to report that. I don't know as the iOS developers see this section.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pgricks

Post by pgricks »

We have a two stake welfare distribution every other week. There have been several times when a patron does not show up on time. Unfortunately the coordinator only has the information for his stake. If a patron happens to be in the other stake, he has difficulty tracking down the phone number to call them for pickup. Is there any way for a individuals who have a multi-stake responsibility to have the tools for more than one stake? Thank You.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pgricks wrote:Is there any way for a individuals who have a multi-stake responsibility to have the tools for more than one stake?
The only way we know to do it now: have the other stake add the member as a out-of-unit member and give them a calling. I don't think a custom calling would work. And a clerk calling would confer far too much power over the stake's calendar and other tools.

Note that after making the change, it may take up to 24 hours to become effective.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jlongwell

Post by jlongwell »

Can the address box on transferring records be filled for records going overseas for individual. Any question you can contact me
cew2137

Post by cew2137 »

The mobile tools application has been a usefull addition to member resources. One item lacking in this and the Ward Directory is the mailing address entered in the members record. Many of the members in our area do not recieve mail at their homes but instead have a PO Box. Various auxillaries produce mailings throughout the year and use LDS Tools or the online Member Directory for the addresses. Unless I am missing something, the mailing address is not displayed in either. The net result is a lot of returned letters and wasted mailing funds. Either we need to be educated or we need the additional information displayed.
okiecb

Post by okiecb »

Concur with cew2137, we need the capability for the physical AND mailing address to be shown when printing the Ward Directory. We have the same situation, we live in a rural area when people have a physical address but receive their mail at a PO Box. We waste a lot of money on mailings that end up returned because all the members can see on the directory is the physical address.
As the clerk I spend a lot of time trying to educate members but this could be (should be) a simple fix.

Return to “Member Tools”