LDS Tools....New App

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
aclawson

Android?

Post by aclawson »

Is there/will there be a version released for Android devices?
unixguy

Post by unixguy »

dwh33 wrote:... The program then downloads up to 98% of the data, fades out and eventually closes. When I try to reopen the app, it starts with the splash screen and then shuts down. I also tried it on my wife's phone with her credentials and the result was the same. We are both running iOS 4.1 with iphone/itouch. We are in a ward in New York, if location matters.
I actually had several good days with the iPhone version before it started crashing on me. Googling around today, I found this page which may help figure out where the crashes are coming from (but it will require a file that is only available to someone who compiled the code): http://www.anoshkin.net/blog/2008/09/09 ... rash-logs/

I don't have xcode yet or the dSYM file in order to take the debugging to the next step. It is interesting to me that all of the recent crashes are from a SIGABRT, which I am guessing the IOS is sending to the process because the kernel thinks the application is taking too long?

If any of the developers (especially one who has the dSYM) are interested in looking at my .crash files, please let me know.

Here's another URL that may be useful: http://www.restoroot.com/Blog/2008/10/1 ... lications/ . There would just need to be an endpoint of some sort for accepting the exception reports.
unixguy

For those looking for the webOS version

Post by unixguy »

This version can be downloaded from http://snyder.dnsalias.org/lds-tools_0.4.5_all.ipk (md5sum: ace77bfcbcc2ca0af9b979b683192343).

It is provided with no warranty. For the curious (or suspicious), as near as I can tell every build has a slightly different size even when there are no code changes, so if you build it yourself (which turns out to be not too difficult), your md5sum will be different from mine.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aclawson wrote:Is there/will there be a version released for Android devices?
Development is underway, as you can see on the wiki at LDS Tools for Android.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
brunobondan-p40

?

Post by brunobondan-p40 »

poruque não fazem isso em português...somos o segundo povo sud fora dos EUA e sempre somos uns dos ultimos a receber informaçoes, talves seja por isso que aqui exista tantos membros ruins......:(
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Bruno, não é bem assim. O problema é que nós, membros da Igreja no Brasil não nos interessamos tanto pelas coisas como os americanos, além do fato de que poucos são os que trabalham com informática em nosso país. Acredito que dentro de alguns anos teremos muitas novidades na área de recursos de TI e Administração da Igreja disponíveis em Português. Assim como você, eu me frustro às vezes com coisas assim, mas infelizmente esta é a nossa realidade atual. O que podemos fazer é ajudar quando nos pedem ajuda, como na tradução de recursos (Simple Acts) e outras coisas que vão aparecendo aos poucos. Abraços.
sniklacg

Post by sniklacg »

unixguy wrote:I actually had several good days with the iPhone version before it started crashing on me. Googling around today, I found this page which may help figure out where the crashes are coming from (but it will require a file that is only available to someone who compiled the code): http://www.anoshkin.net/blog/2008/09/09 ... rash-logs/

I don't have xcode yet or the dSYM file in order to take the debugging to the next step. It is interesting to me that all of the recent crashes are from a SIGABRT, which I am guessing the IOS is sending to the process because the kernel thinks the application is taking too long?

If any of the developers (especially one who has the dSYM) are interested in looking at my .crash files, please let me know.

Here's another URL that may be useful: http://www.restoroot.com/Blog/2008/10/1 ... lications/ . There would just need to be an endpoint of some sort for accepting the exception reports.
I can add a little additional information. With a clean install on my device I had a friend, who has no problem with the app, log onto my device. No crash. After completing the log on to my device, and on his device I attempted to log on. In both cases the app crashed and when it was restarted the downloaded content showed his ward and stake.

This makes me believe that the problem has to be in the encoding of the data for my ward and stake - an error that doesn't occur in his data. Apparently, the app doesn't properly handle bad ward/stake data and crashes when it occurs.

An early version of "Gospel Library" had an issue like this where it would crash on specific parts of a lesson manual, again, this behavior was verified on different devices.

Hope this helps.

G
jordanrjones

Not available in the US App Store?

Post by jordanrjones »

Hey All,

I was so excited to see this on The Church's site; however, when I click on the link that would bring me to iTunes, iTunes opens and presents me with the error, "Your request could not be completed. The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store."

Does anyone have any idea why this is? I also noticed it after the most recent update to the Gospel Library, but that seemed to be fixed after a few days. Thanks for the help and information!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

elguapo wrote:I was so excited to see this on The Church's site; however, when I click on the link that would bring me to iTunes, iTunes opens and presents me with the error, "Your request could not be completed. The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store."

Does anyone have any idea why this is? I also noticed it after the most recent update to the Gospel Library, but that seemed to be fixed after a few days. Thanks for the help and information!
Details on this issue can be found on the wiki under LDS Tools for iPhone - Known Issues‎‎. That page will be updated as the status changes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jordanrjones

Post by jordanrjones »

Thanks, Alan! I guess I will have to wait until they put it back in the app store.

Return to “Member Tools”