Request adding message that Member Tools contact info is for Church use only

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
toddlyadamson

Request adding message that Member Tools contact info is for Church use only

Post by toddlyadamson »

I'd like to request that users acknowledge that their message is for Church purposes only before sending a message via the Member Tools app. I've recently received a couple of emails from someone about business services they are offering. The message referenced that they were contacting me because they were in a certain Ward in my Stake and they even included a Venmo address to send money to for their services.

I suspected the message may have been someone spamming the Stake email address list, so I asked the sender where they got my email address. They replied that they were in my Stake and found my email in Member Tools. I was blind copied on the email, so I can only imagine how wide the distribution list the message was sent to. My guess is that it probably went to the majority of the Stake.

I'm familiar with the warning "By clicking Send Message, you agree that your message is for Church purposes only" that must be acknowledged before a message can be sent from the LCR page, as I have had to use that functionality as part of my calling. I was curious to see if there was any similar warning message in the Member Tools app, so I logged in and walked through that process. I got as far as I could without sending an actual message and didn't encounter any type of message stating that messaging should be for church use only. Ideally, I think this message should appear as soon as someone generates a list to contact in the app and should need to be acknowledged before a user can hit send.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Request adding message that Member Tools contact info is for Church use only

Post by jdlessley »

Use the in app feedback found in Help > Contact Us to submit your request. It is unlikely anyone who has decision authority visits the forum or will see your post since the forum is primarily user-to-user support.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Request adding message that Member Tools contact info is for Church use only

Post by russellhltn »

toddlyadamson wrote:The message referenced that they were contacting me because they were in a certain Ward in my Stake and they even included a Venmo address to send money to for their services.
I'd report that to the stake president. He may not have any technical options directly, but I'm sure if he calls support something can be done. If the member doesn't change their ways, I'm sure their LDS Account can be deactivated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”