Membership info question

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
sawyerry

Membership info question

Post by sawyerry »

Others have shown me that they can see there own membership info in the app (ordinance dates, mrn, temple recommend expiration date, etc). For myself, I don't see the membership info tab for myself. I've verified that I'm signed in as myself, with the correct mrn. Under what circumstances am I supposed to be able to see this info? In other words, what am I misunderstanding? Thanks.
Attachments
20190711_183136.png
(112.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Membership info question

Post by russellhltn »

There's two levels, Household and Individual. That's true even if you're a household of one.

You appear to be at the "Household" level. Try going into "Household", and then tap your name in there to see yourself as an individual.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sawyerry

Post by sawyerry »

russellhltn wrote:There's two levels, Household and Individual. That's true even if you're a household of one.

You appear to be at the "Household" level. Try going into "Household", and then tap your name in there to see yourself as an individual.
I tried this. Nothing happens when I click on myself. If I click on a family member, it goes to their profile.
To clarify, the screenshot I posted shows both my personal and my household contact information.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

When happens if you look at other members of your family? I'm thinking the MRN on the account you're signed in with isn't your MRN. Consequently, the system is confused about who "you" are.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sawyerry

Post by sawyerry »

russellhltn wrote:When happens if you look at other members of your family? I'm thinking the MRN on the account you're signed in with isn't your MRN. Consequently, the system is confused about who "you" are.
I've verified my mrn. I'm fairly sure I'm logged in with my correct mrn, as tools shows my correct calling, ministering assignment, and I have access to reports associated with my calling.
When I look at my household, I can see the ages of my family members. When I click on one of them, I can see their ministering info, and callings, but no other personal information.
Thanks for your quick responses.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are you on iOS or Android?

I've been looking at my Android for reference.

sawyerry

Post by sawyerry »

russellhltn wrote:Are you on iOS or Android?

I've been looking at my Android for reference.
I'm on an android tablet with member tools version 3.6.1.
I just realized I'm using the beta version of the app, but I just had a friend log in to member tools on my tablet and his membership info was there, so I don't think the beta is affecting anything.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm on 3.6.0.

Does your calling allow you to see some membership information? It might be a bug with that calling (perhaps giving you a limited view of others) conflicting with seeing your own.

At any rate, I'd use feedback to report the issue and then consider going back to the non-beta version.

davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I'm on 3.6.1 beta and I see all my personal information. But I'm also the ward clerk so that may not help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I'm on 3.6.1 beta and I see all my personal information. But I'm also the ward clerk so that may not help.
I'm thinking of a calling on the ward council where they see "simplified" membership information. I'm thinking that view may conflict with viewing one's own information.

Return to “Member Tools”