LDS TOOLS

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dianeziebarth

LDS TOOLS

Post by dianeziebarth »

I am trying to sign in to LDS TOOLS and unable to do so. Message I am getting is "WARNING - LDS.org is currently down for maintenance. Please try again later."
It has been a week and still giving me the "Down for maintenance" message. However, I am able to log into LDS.org, the message is only when I am trying to access LDS Tools. HELP!

dlziebarth@yahoo.com

Diane
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: LDS TOOLS

Post by jdlessley »

LDS Tools no longer exists - well, in name. It is now Member Tools. There have been some issues with the system at headquarters that have just been resolved. Try again. If no luck then please post back with some details. Tell us your operating system and version number as well as the version of Member Tools you are using.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

I don't know of any issues going on right now.
pyperb

Post by pyperb »

I am having the exact same issue. I am on an iPad running iOS 10.3.3. The sync every 30 days feature demands me to sync before running the app, but it says the server is down for maintainance and has been saying this for two or three months. Have tried on several different wifi networks and at several different times of day. The app is basically useless, then, since I can't sync.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

iOS 11 is the minimum level that is supported.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidleewelch

Post by davidleewelch »

jdlessley, scgallafent, & russellhltn: I'm having the same issue as the other users posted on this thread and tech.churchofjesuschrist.org "LDS Tools" threads. This has been going on for probably two months with LDS Tools 3.5.3 on both my iPad and iPhone. I just uninstalled LDS Tools 3.5.3, installed Member Tools 3.6.1 on both and upgraded iOS on both from 12.3 to 12.3.1. Both are still giving me "Warning ChurchOfJesusChrist.org is currently down for maintenance. Please try again later. [OK]," the only variation between 3.5.3 and 3.6.1 being the error used to say "lds.org." On my phone, I tried both through our home's internet service as well as through the cell tower with the same result. Through this whole period, I am able to login to ChurchOfJesusChrist.org by entering my username and password (which I do not cache at the browser level) and access my ward directory. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

3.6 is certainly supported (I'm not sure about 3.5). But a number of people have reported issues with syncing on Sundays. I tried just now and was successful. So, you might want to give it another try.

You might also check for any apps on your account that may limit your access to websites as it sounds like something is blocking.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davidleewelch

Post by davidleewelch »

All, it turns out it was as simple as enabling push notifications.

I deleted the app, and re-downloaded it to get the push notifications decision prompt.

I *never* set up apps to enable push notifications. When did that change? Or is it possible that I made an inadvertent exception for the LDS Tools app and have forgotten?

This really ought to be documented in the Apps Store, or at least in the Member Tools FAQ.

FYI & thanks.
Dave Welch
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

davidleewelch wrote:All, it turns out it was as simple as enabling push notifications.

I deleted the app, and re-downloaded it to get the push notifications decision prompt.

I *never* set up apps to enable push notifications. When did that change? Or is it possible that I made an inadvertent exception for the LDS Tools app and have forgotten?
That changed quite a while ago. I think it was around the time of the 3.5 release, but I don't remember.

Return to “Member Tools”