Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
allibri425

Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Post by allibri425 »

Is there a reason why the deacons quorum advisor can’t see the list of deacons through LDS Tools? I understand the privacy concerns especially for youth but it seems like the youth advisors should atleast see the members of their specific group as part of their calling.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Deacons Quorum Membership Visibility for Advisors

Post by rmrichesjr »

A shot in the dark: Are you sure the advisor's calling is a "standard calling" rather than a custom calling?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure how it works for leaders, but normal members can't see any members in LDS Tools under the organizational section - just the callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allibri425

Post by allibri425 »

I checked and it's a standard calling for Deacons Quorum Advisor. I should add I'm the ward clerk and can see all the organizations/members and trying to help the advisor understand why he can't see his quorum members. My wife is a Laurel advisor and she can't see the list of members for Young women Laurels either.

Does it sound like an issue with permissions/visibility and if so, why would it restrict a leader from seeing the members within their specific group?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

allibri425 wrote:Does it sound like an issue with permissions/visibility and if so, why would it restrict a leader from seeing the members within their specific group?
It does, and I do not know. I think the best you can do is to send feedback and ask the question. Another way is to ask your priesthood leaders to elevate the request through priesthood channels.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just for my own understanding, does LDS Tools allow leaders to see members by organization like how the Directory on lds.org does?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

russellhltn wrote:Just for my own understanding, does LDS Tools allow leaders to see members by organization like how the Directory on lds.org does?
Yes, under Organizations in the Tools app, a leader with rights can see both callings in the selected organization, and members of the organization.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
brettllewis

Post by brettllewis »

Is this true that there is not a way for Aaronic Priesthood Quorrum Advisors to see a list of their quorrum. My wife is the Primary Secretary and I am Deacons Quorrum Advisor and I have to borrow her phone to see a list of my Deacons. With technology the way it is this is crazy this is not an option for advisors to see their quorrum they are advising. ;)
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

brettllewis wrote:Is this true that there is not a way for Aaronic Priesthood Quorrum Advisors to see a list of their quorrum. My wife is the Primary Secretary and I am Deacons Quorrum Advisor and I have to borrow her phone to see a list of my Deacons. With technology the way it is this is crazy this is not an option for advisors to see their quorrum they are advising. ;)
I don't know the full reasoning, but I think the idea is that the advisors are supposed to advise the quorum presidency, not the quorum as a whole – similar to a stake organization leader, whose assignment is to advise/assist the ward organization leaders, without having direct responsibility for the members themselves.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

This has caused a lot of problems for my wife also. She is a YW advisor and can't see her class. She'd like to be able to see birthdays etc to help interact with the girls.

Return to “Member Tools”