LDS Tools Unable To Sync

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
pdnunnally

LDS Tools Unable To Sync

Post by pdnunnally »

Hello. I have been experiencing an issue for about 2 weeks now in which I cannot sync LDS Tools. I am using Android. I had recently upgraded on my phone, but on my tablet I have not. The behavior is the same. I can successfully login and initiate the sync, but at around 75% it will hang. After a few seconds the OS will come back with a message that the app stopped working. If I open the app again and try syncing again, it will give me a message that says the app keeps closing.

I have tried over a dozen times and the behavior is always the same. I have tried syncing from my cell network and home wifi. I've tried after getting a stronger signal (cell and wifi). I honestly do not know what else to try. I've never had any issues with syncing in the past. I am now bumping up to the 30 day sign-in limit, so the urgency to get this fixed has increased. I was recently called to serve as a counselor in the bishopric and I really need to have the app available to use.

Any suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: LDS Tools Unable To Sync

Post by lajackson »

pdnunnally wrote:Any suggestions you may have are greatly appreciated.
Yes. This is a known issue discussed here and in a number of Android topics here. Remember that you can still obtain all of the information you need at LCR.

And remember the developers in your prayers.
pdnunnally

Post by pdnunnally »

Thanks. This must be a really subtle bug since it seems to be taking a while to resolve. I do know that I can get to LCR, but many times it's not very convenient. I will continue to be be patient.
pyz01

Post by pyz01 »

For all those who have been having difficulties syncing -- as of 10:00 pm PST, an updated version of LDS tools for Android has been posted to the Google play store. Looks like it is version 3.54 (100020.1). This updated version , if you update your tablet or phone will work and does sync. It worked for me -- and I am in a leadership position with access to ministering. Thank you tech support for fixing the issue -- and I hope the message gets out that this appears now to be fixed. Good luck to all.
Amin_Salazar

Post by Amin_Salazar »

Thanks for the recent upgrade of the LDS Tools App. I'm now able to sync and sign in.

Return to “Member Tools”