Can leadership upload member phones from the app?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
tubaloth

Can leadership upload member phones from the app?

Post by tubaloth »

Recently I noticed in the android app, if I click on somebody's picture I had a camera option at the top. This is not my picture, but a different ward members that did not have a picture uploaded.
I assumed from this that I could then update/add a picture for this individual. I am in the Elders Presidency.

I tried to do this this last week. I took a brothers photo, I then had the circle around it got his face in it. I then clicked the check box, I got a popup asking if this photo meets the LDS photo standards. I said yes.
You don't see anything happening. Then like 5 seconds later a toast overlay comes up saying photo upload failed. Maybe something about trying again later not sure.

I have tried four different times on different wifi connections and can not do this.

Should I be able to?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can leadership upload member phones from the app?

Post by russellhltn »

tubaloth wrote:Should I be able to?
According to Manage Directory Photos Using LDS Tools - No.

Bishopric members, clerks, and ward website administrators can. Individuals can do it for themselves and head of households can do it for their household.

I'd suggest reporting the problem via the feedback in the app.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”