New LDS Tools updates are not good for singles ward

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
tubaloth

New LDS Tools updates are not good for singles ward

Post by tubaloth »

Not sure when I got the new update. I'm in a mid-singles ward in Layton Utah.
Some changes that were made seem to make it harder to find single individuals in the LDS tools app.

Now the directory shows "families" first, you click on that and then can click on individuals to get their information.
This results in having to click twice on a person, first on the family, then on the individual to get picture and info. For a singles ward this isn't ideal.

With that the old app had individual pictures in the circle show up in the directory list. All pictures are now gone from the directory list.
Not the best if you are trying to find somebody by their picture. Even worst when most singles put their picture on the individual side, not the family side.

I'm sure you guys spent a lot of time designing this new approach, but it does not work for singles wards.
Please adapt this back the way it was.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: New LDS Tools updates are not good for singles ward

Post by lajackson »

tubaloth wrote:I'm sure you guys spent a lot of time designing this new approach, but it does not work for singles wards.
Please adapt this back the way it was.
Actually, we here at the user-to-user forum didn't do anything. But if you will send feedback through the app, it will get to the developers who made the changes.

You might also wish to change your LDS Tools Directory setting using the three-line menu to the right of Search Directory. This will give you the option to have your directory listed by Individuals instead of Households, and you then only will have to click once to get to a member of your ward.

Return to “Member Tools”