Calendar items showing in lds.org but NOT in ldstools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Attila

Calendar items showing in lds.org but NOT in ldstools

Post by Attila »

We have a Stake Conference scheduled in January. It shows on the Calendar in LDS.org, but not on the calendar in the LDSTools app. I'm told by our High Councilman over tech that this has been an issue for a while and not just for this event - it happens for many events. He's asked me to look into it deeper.

For the record, I'm subscribed to all calendar categories and synced. I can see other stake events, but not this one - there may be others also.

Does anyone have knowledge about this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Calendar items showing in lds.org but NOT in ldstools

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest investigating what calendar this event has been placed on. There's a possibility it's been placed on the building calendar. Currently, the building calendar doesn't sync outside of lds.org - at all.

If other events on the same ward or stake calendar are showing but not this one, then that would be a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Attila

Post by Attila »

Well, that looks like the problem then. The person who put it on the calendar reserved the building, but put it on their Ward's calendar and not the Stake. So, it showed up on LDS.org because the building was scheduled, but not on LDSTools because it was both on a Ward calendar (not my Ward) and also only for the building (which LDSTools doesn't display).

Any idea when the Church will make the building calendars available on LDSTools?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Attila wrote:Any idea when the Church will make the building calendars available on LDSTools?
That was promised as part of 3.0, but we have no idea when that will come out.

The real fix is to put the stake conference on the stake calendar. The general membership isn't going to add the building calendar to their sync, (especially if "their" building isn't the stake center), so they'd miss that event.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”