How to see members of Organization?

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
shanesykes

How to see members of Organization?

Post by shanesykes »

I want to send a text message to all the members of the Elders Quorum with a link to Sundays lesson material, but I can only see myself when I go to Organizations > All Elders Quorum Members.

How can I see everyone? I am a member of the High Council, but my LDS Tools access doesn't let me see anyone but my own family in any organization. My wife, a YW Counselor, can see every member of every organization.

I'm using version 3.5.2 on iOS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to see members of Organization?

Post by russellhltn »

shanesykes wrote:I want to send a text message to all the members of the Elders Quorum with a link to Sundays lesson material, but I can only see myself when I go to Organizations > All Elders Quorum Members.
Interesting. The LDS Tools app on my Android doesn't work that way.

But a better question is what country are you in? Some countries (such as in the UK) have very strict privacy laws, forcing members to "opt in" before they appear in the directory to other members. This is in contrast to the US policy where members are visible by default and have to opt-out if they want to be hidden. It's a "law of the land" situation.
shanesykes wrote:I am a member of the High Council, but my LDS Tools access doesn't let me see anyone but my own family in any organization. My wife, a YW Counselor, can see every member of every organization.
From the LCR FAQS page:
Stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors are primarily responsible to instruct and support ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders. They orient newly called ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders and provide encouragement, support, and instruction. They are not responsible for individual ward members. It is the ward clerk’s responsibility to train ward auxiliary and Melchizedek Priesthood leaders on record-keeping tools and responsibilities. If stake auxiliary leaders and high councilors need a list of members for planning purposes, they should request this information through the ward or stake clerk.
The ward YW presidency is part of the Ward Council and as such does have responsibilities for individual members - so they're allowed to see members whose settings are "leaders only" (private).

The only way to get access is to hold a calling that grants access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”