Can'the log into LDS Tools

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
valerie1025

Can'the log into LDS Tools

Post by valerie1025 »

I set up Gospel Library on my new tablet and logged in. But when I try to install LDS TOOLS I get an error: "Failed to create a secure connection to LDS.org." the it asks me to check my data connection and try again. I am already in Gospel Library, so I have a secure connection. Any suggestions? I have uninstalled and re installed in to no avail.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can'the log into LDS Tools

Post by russellhltn »

Android or iOS?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mccown

Post by mccown »

For me, LDS Tools' login is broken on iOS 12.1. I can login on lds.org (on iOS), but the LDS Tools app won't accept the same username / password. I do have 2FA turned on, but I can't get past the login screen.

Thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mccown wrote:I can't get past the login screen. Thoughts?
Do you have any special characters such as punctuation in the password?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wf00

Post by wf00 »

I’m having the same problem with my new iPhone with iOS 12. My passwords worked on the other LDS apps but not on tools and lds.org. Any fixes?
errey

Post by errey »

I’m running 11.1.2, and I’m having the same problem, getting a message ‘Error Sign-in failed’. I’ve rebooted, but it’s still happening, and the same with my iPad
WillisCaldwell

Post by WillisCaldwell »

Same problem. Says Error: Sign-in failed.
I’ve restarted the app, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app. No luck. I can sign into my account online, just not through LDS Tools.
ldmoody

Post by ldmoody »

I'm having this same problem as everyone above. Tried everything! Need a quick fix!
jfarmer_inoregon

Post by jfarmer_inoregon »

Same with me- deleted and reinstalled... works online but not on the lds tools app. :( running latest iOS as well.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Some of the servers were disconnected temporarily yesterday evening. Does sign-in work for you all now?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”