Email not sending

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
bartlett03

Email not sending

Post by bartlett03 »

I can choose a name from the directory and even click their email address. It opens in gmail and then allows me to draft a message. But, the send option is subdued and it won’t let me send the message. I have synced and logged out, but I still can’t send.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Email not sending

Post by russellhltn »

LDS Tools uses a email client on your device. If that client isn't set up (mail account information not entered), that can cause problems.

When I try to email on my android device, it asks me which application to use.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
baguioboy

Post by baguioboy »

I'm having the same problem. I have gmail set up on my iPhone and I use it every single day, but when I try to send an email from LDS tools, the send button is grayed out. I can't even figure out how I might solve the problem--there's no settings button that seems to address it. This has been going on for at least six months to a year.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

baguioboy wrote:I'm having the same problem. I have gmail set up on my iPhone and I use it every single day, but when I try to send an email from LDS tools, the send button is grayed out. I can't even figure out how I might solve the problem--there's no settings button that seems to address it. This has been going on for at least six months to a year.
Do you use the Gmail app or Apple's built-in Mail app? I think LDS Tools on iOS is only able to use the built-in Mail app. The Mail app can be configured to send and receive mail for any email address. If you prefer using the Gmail app for most things, you can continue to use it after setting up the Mail app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
baguioboy

Post by baguioboy »

Bingo! When I switched over to using Apple's Mail app, it worked. So I guess I just have to decide if it's worth it to me to use the Mail app--I had deleted it off my phone in favor of Gmail. Thanks!
mtgardn

Post by mtgardn »

When I try to share information via the LDS tools list feature on my iPad Pro, I get an email pop-up dialog box, but there is no send button at all. I am using Apple’s mail app. I can’t even get out of the dialog box without closing the app. Does anyone have any suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

mtgardn wrote:When I try to share information via the LDS tools list feature on my iPad Pro, I get an email pop-up dialog box, but there is no send button at all. I am using Apple’s mail app. I can’t even get out of the dialog box without closing the app. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I've seen a case where sometimes the Send and Cancel buttons have the same text color as the background color. Try tapping in the top right corner where the Send button would normally be (or top left for Cancel). If that is the case, I'd recommend reporting it as a bug under Help > Contact Us in LDS Tools. :)
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”