Lds tools will not download

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Beneficial

Re: Lds tools will not download

Post by Beneficial »

Since there isn't a way around this problem is there at least an official way in which we can complain so something can be done rather than go against church admonitions and go into debt for a new phone? LDS Tools is important so I can fulfill church responsibilities, but I refuse to buy a new phone when this is the ONLY reason I would need a new one at this time.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

There are two options that may be able to bring the problem to the attention of those with decision authority:
  • 1) Use the Feedback button or link closest to where you would attempt to download, install, or use LDS Tools.

2) Inform your stake president so he can consider raising the issue up his chain of command.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Beneficial wrote:I refuse to buy a new phone when this is the ONLY reason I would need a new one at this time.
There's a very good chance that if the phone can't download LDS Tools, it hasn't been getting OS security updates in quite some time. Depending on what apps (such as banking) you do on the device, that might provide another reason.

Also, watch the "cyber Monday" deals (if you're in the US). Yes, the "flagship" phones are expensive, and they get all the advertising, but there's a crop of lower cost units that are quite good for cheap. Depending on your carrier and plan, they might even be free (for a two-year lock-in) They can match the flagship phones of a few years ago.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jconder

Post by jconder »

:shock: LDS Tools will not download. I have been using it for years, and all of sudden it stopped. I removed, reinstalled, but as it downloads - at the end, it just stops. I have called Verizon for help to make sure all updated versions, it is up to date. I have no idea why LDS tools does not work. Tonight it started to work by asking me my security pass code, but stopped before I got through entering it. HELP! As a leader this tool is priceless. Help.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

This is an ongoing problem that started several days ago. The tech people in SL are working as quickly as possible to fix it. In the meantime, you still have access to all the information you need in LDS.org, and with your leadership access to LCR, you should be able to find everything you need.
jconder

Post by jconder »

Than you
julie_harrison

Post by julie_harrison »

I have a IphoneX and iOS 13.3.1 I tried to install Member Tools on my phone and received a "Error downloading" I can't figure out what to do next.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

julie_harrison wrote:I have a IphoneX and iOS 13.3.1 I tried to install Member Tools on my phone and received a "Error downloading" I can't figure out what to do next.
Does the "error downloading" message appear while trying to install the app from the App Store, or when opening the app after it's been installed? If the error is while it's being installed from the App Store, first I would recommend checking to make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (Settings > General > iPhone Storage). You could also try some of these ideas (especially solutions 1–5): https://macreports.com/unable-download-app-fix/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
matthewence

Post by matthewence »

I am having the same issue. Error occurs after downloading and signing in, during the sync process.
matthewence

Post by matthewence »

sbradshaw wrote:
julie_harrison wrote:I have a IphoneX and iOS 13.3.1 I tried to install Member Tools on my phone and received a "Error downloading" I can't figure out what to do next.
Does the "error downloading" message appear while trying to install the app from the App Store, or when opening the app after it's been installed? If the error is while it's being installed from the App Store, first I would recommend checking to make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (Settings > General > iPhone Storage). You could also try some of these ideas (especially solutions 1–5): https://macreports.com/unable-download-app-fix/

The above suggestions do not work. Error occurs after downloading and after signing in, while syncing.

Return to “Member Tools”