Lds tools will not download

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
wallace

Post by wallace »

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Lds tools will not download

Post by russellhltn »

For which OS? LDS Tools requires iOS 10 or Android 5 as minimum. I believe prior versions ran into sync problems after the change in Ministering, so, they might have been removed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drbeal

Post by drbeal »

My ipod gen 4 is running version 9.3.5 and won't load ldstools under my lds account. (Get the download circle which rotates to full circle, but then just sits there until it times out with no data downloaded). It will load, however, under my wife's account name - go figure! But I need the more complete info (like youth info) based on my calling, which I can't get because my wife's calling doesn't allow that level of info. So I guess I'm just out of luck unless I want to upgrade my device to one with iOS 10? I would have hoped the Church would be more sensitive to dinosaurs like me and provide support for older versions. Anyone know of a way around this one?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

drbeal wrote:So I guess I'm just out of luck unless I want to upgrade my device to one with iOS 10? I would have hoped the Church would be more sensitive to dinosaurs like me and provide support for older versions.
The problem with older versions of an app resides with Apple in this case. They don't allow more than one version of an app.
drbeal wrote:Anyone know of a way around this one?
We haven't heard of one yet.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
klockhart

Post by klockhart »

Sadly, there are many who had been using Tools to aid in fulfilling their callings, who are now shut out because they cannot afford to spend hundreds of dollars on new devices. So unfortunate, especially if their current devices are working well.
rmills

Post by rmills »

Hi, I am using 10.3.3 (on Iphone 5).
Ldstools will no longer complete the download.
What is the minimum version required for ldstools?

Other comments mention version 10 is supported. Is anyone else having this problem?
I have emailed ldstoolssupport@ldschurch.org but have not yet received a reply.

Thank you!
rmills

Post by rmills »

Talking around, lots of others are having the problem with ldstools not downloading to OS version 9 and 10.
Would it be possible to get some guidance on the minimum OS required so we dont waste hours poking around in the dark?
This problem seems to be widespread...

Hoping for a solution...
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmills wrote:What is the minimum version required for ldstools?
The minimum that seems to sync properly is LDS Tools 3.5. You might want to make sure you're on that version or later.

iOS 9 cannot download that version, so at this time, they're out of luck. I don't know as that will change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kotarokun

Post by kotarokun »

My dad recently started having this problem (data download hangs) on his iPad mini. After some poking around I came to the conclusions that 1) iOS 9 is the newest supported version for all iPad mini versions (including the latest, currently shipping version); 2) the newest version of LDS Tools that will run on iOS 9 is 3.3.1; and 3) there is something in the data download, probably in the "membership" information, that isn't compatible with LDS Tools 3.3.1.

I found a workaround for him. The incompatibility that causes the hang is in something that's available to certain classes of leaders, but not to everyone. Specifically, in this case, something he has access to as a member of the EQ presidency causes the hang. But if he logs into LDS Tools using my mom's sign-in, the download works fine, and LDS Tools is still operational (and still provides him with the information he needs to do his job).

Bottom line: if you need LDS Tools on an iPad mini (or other older device that can't install iOS 10 or newer), you may be able to get it to work by using a less-privaledged sign-in.
David Luke
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

kotarokun wrote:1) iOS 9 is the newest supported version for all iPad mini versions (including the latest, currently shipping version)
According to Apple's website, the iPad mini 2, 3, and 4 can run the latest iOS 12. Only the iPad mini 1 is stuck on iOS 9 (unfortunately).
https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-12/
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Member Tools”