LDS Tools no longer updating or available on Kindle

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
lamxu01

LDS Tools no longer updating or available on Kindle

Post by lamxu01 »

My ld s tools all quit updating this past weekend in my Kindle Fire 8 hdx. I delete the app and was going to reinstall, but it is no longer available in the Amazon Appstore. Please advise.
LS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools no longer updating or available on Kindle

Post by russellhltn »

At the moment, you're out of luck. There enough of a difference between Android and Kindle OS that some changes have to be made. When and if they'll be made is unclear.

The product managers already have access to information that shows how many members have been inconvenienced.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lcmaughan

Post by lcmaughan »

Same problem here--it was so convenient. Now, not so much, as I have to access it by going online--through kindle fire--more cumbersome.
raygene

Post by raygene »

If Amazon is not going to support the lds tools app I will need to buy a Samsung tablet.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

raygene wrote:If Amazon is not going to support the lds tools app I will need to buy a Samsung tablet.
Or another brand running plain Android. There are other good tablets out there. I have an older Samsung tablet and have liked it overall (it won't run current LDSTools so I do without the ministering information now), but it is wise to explore options with ever-changing technology. Those I know who own Ipads love them, but that is normally a higher-cost option for the same functionality (my personal opinion only).

Often the advice is to purchase an older device as they are lower cost. The trade-off is it will be abandoned sooner and require a replacement sooner. My device runs just fine so I won't be replacing it right away - I can always revert to the methods I have employed for many, many years to manage my callings (*gasp* paper and a pencil).
alandeejensen

Post by alandeejensen »

I can't get LDS TOOLS to work on my Kindle Fire either. So I deleted the app, and after a couple of hours of wasted time in trying to reinstall I found this forum.
Would have saved me some time and a lot less frustration if there was something posted on the LDS.org website of this not working for the kindle. I won't be buying another tablet just to make this work. Hope they can get this fixed soon.
JamesWarren44

Post by JamesWarren44 »

To LDS tech, please make the tools app available for the Kindle Fire!
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

JamesWarren44 wrote:To LDS tech, please make the tools app available for the Kindle Fire!
This is a user-to-user forum. The few Church employees who sometimes visit the forums are here basically not on official business. There's a chance somebody who can have an influence might see your post, but there's no guarantee.

Your request will be more likely to have an influence if you use an official help/support channel for LDS Tools. If you can't find anything more precisely targeted, you could use the Feedback link at https://www.lds.org/
artwashington

Post by artwashington »

Will lds tools be available for kindle fire any time soon?
dejongster

Post by dejongster »

I hope you get an LDS Tools app ready and updated for kindle again. I much prefer using my Kindle rather than my phone.

Return to “Member Tools”