LDS tools app - Ministering assignments

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cchang

LDS tools app - Ministering assignments

Post by cchang »

As of today, I am still not seeing the ministering section within the LDS tools app. I only see ministering sisters and that still is not updated? How do we update the ministering assignments online and when will it show up in the LDS tools app?
eblood66

Re: LDS tools app - Ministering assignments

Post by eblood66 »

Ministering assignments can be changed in LCR just as they were previously. You have to have the most recent version of the LDS Tools app to see ministering assignments because they changed the associated web services. The new versions were release at the beginning of August. However, it sounds like the new version can only be installed on newer versions of Android. I'm not sure about the specific cut-off. I'm not sure if the same is true for IOS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You have to be on LDS Tools 3.5.0 or later. This is true for both Android and Apple. You can see the version in settings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cchang

Post by cchang »

russellhltn wrote:You have to be on LDS Tools 3.5.0 or later. This is true for both Android and Apple. You can see the version in settings.
I am using the latest 3.5 version but under Reports, all I can see is ‘Ministering sisters’ only and not for the brethren’s. Can clerks mark the ministering assignments on LDS.org or only the EQ and RS presidents do this?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cchang wrote:Can clerks mark the ministering assignments on LDS.org or only the EQ and RS presidents do this?
Yes, clerks (other than the finance clerk) can change assignments and mark interviews.
cchang

Post by cchang »

eblood66 wrote:
cchang wrote:Can clerks mark the ministering assignments on LDS.org or only the EQ and RS presidents do this?
Yes, clerks (other than the finance clerk) can change assignments and mark interviews.
I see it in lds.org now and it looks like for the EQ Ministering assignments, they need to create Districts first before they can add assignments. We'll have to test this and see how it is working now. Thanks.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cchang wrote:I see it in lds.org now and it looks like for the EQ Ministering assignments, they need to create Districts first before they can add assignments. We'll have to test this and see how it is working now. Thanks.
Yes, you have to first create districts. If your EQ doesn't have any districts that probably explains why you don't see anything for the ministering brethren in LDS tools.
DougieDoug

Post by DougieDoug »

Apps are updated, district leaders are set; members who are not in leadership roles canning see their assignments nor their ministers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

DougieDoug wrote:Apps are updated, district leaders are set; members who are not in leadership roles canning see their assignments nor their ministers.
With the change from Home and Visiting Teaching to Ministering, there has been a complete rewrite of the associated code at Leader and Clerk Resources that feeds LDS Tools. Part of the change requires that the latest version of LDS Tools (version 3.5.0) be used, and that newly released version requires later versions of iOS and Android.

For details, please see the LDS Tools forum posts and the posts under either Android or iPhone/iPad LDS Tools appropriate for your device.
klorimer

Post by klorimer »

I only have 2 ministering districts showing up in the RS. How do I add a third?

Return to “Member Tools”