View Ministering Assignments

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
troystevens

View Ministering Assignments

Post by troystevens »

Why are ministering assignments for everybody restricted? Why can't people see who ministers to family X? Currently the only people who can see this info are leaders. What is the purpose for this restriction?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: View Ministering Assignments

Post by russellhltn »

This is mostly a user-to-user forum. We're not told why the Brethren have handed down these "business rules" to the developers. But generally speaking, there is no "need to know" on a global basis.

I know one issue in the past is that the system lacked any way to "stage" the assignments pending the approval of the bishop. As such, it could reveal changes before they were approved.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

We haven't been told and the people who make those decisions don't visit the forums. You can make suggestions using the Feedback option in the app. Those will get to the decision makers but it's unlikely you'll get an response either explaining why it won't happen or giving a timeline for when it will.

I don't really have a guess myself except that until recently we couldn't even see your own assignments. In my experience access to systems and information generally starts very restricted and then gradually expands, probably as the decision makers have time to consider all the consequences of each expansion.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

This has been discussed many times in the Forum. I do not know the official reason, but this topic includes a suggestion as to why, and in particular this post.

Return to “Member Tools”