Ministering with private records

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
casper_n

Re: Ministering with private records

Post by casper_n »

It appears no resolution has been found to allow ministering brothers (or sisters) to see assigned households with privacy settings enabled, which is understandable.

Follow up question, since I believe there are several in my ward who have this feature turned on unknowingly... is there anywhere I can get a list of all the members in my ward whose records are set to Leader Only? So that I know which assignments I have to manually print and distribute?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Unless anyone else knows of an alternative way to achieve this, would be to go through the Directory and note the settings there.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:Unless anyone else knows of an alternative way to achieve this, would be to go through the Directory and note the settings there.
But I think only a clerk or the bishop can see those settings.

Others would probably have to compare directory listings between someone in a leadership position and someone who is not.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Members with their information set to "private, leadership only" show as orange text on the ward map and there is a lock next to their name. Ward council members can see this information (I assume stake council as well, but have not verified). It isn't as easy as a list, but it is pretty easy. I tried to find a way to generate a custom report for this list - didn't spend too much time on it, but could not find a way.

I have attached a snip from our ward map - it does not show the names, but the names are orange text and you can see in the snip that we have 7 in our ward.
Private Households.PNG
Private Households.PNG (18.27 KiB) Viewed 1123 times
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

On the LDS.org directory, leaders who have access to see "leadership only" households will see a lock icon next to the name in the directory.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

sbradshaw wrote:On the LDS.org directory, leaders who have access to see "leadership only" households will see a lock icon next to the name in the directory.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't remember that and noticed that the lock is greyed out and easy to miss.

Return to “Member Tools”