Ministering with private records

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
1historian

Ministering with private records

Post by 1historian »

With the release of the changes and the new ministering information in LDS tools, I believe I may have stumbled across a potential issue. When a member has changed their record settings to "private - leadership only" these members cannot be seen by non-leaders, which means they will not show up either as a Ministering Assignment, nor as a Ministering Brother even if they have been assigned properly. This setting may need to be adjusted so that those who are assigned to minister and those they minister to can see them.
drepouille

Re: Ministering with private records

Post by drepouille »

This really has not changed from the way it was with home teaching. A couple months ago, I had a brother ask me why he could not see one of his HT families in LDS Tools or the Directory, while the HPGL and his assistants could see the family. I told him that due to the privacy setting for that family. The only way the home teacher (now ministering brother) could see the information for his assigned families was on the printed assignment list he received from his priesthood leaders.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
robschnell

Re: Cannot see Ministering in lds tools on Android

Post by robschnell »

I cannot see Ministering in LDS Tools. I was told to resync my account. I first made sure my settings were to Stake and not leaders only, then I synced my account. But I still cannot see ministering in LDS Tools on my android device.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot see Ministering in lds tools on Android

Post by russellhltn »

robschnell wrote:I cannot see Ministering in LDS Tools.
Where are you looking? Try finding your household in the directory. When you pull up the information you should see a heading called "Ministering". On Android, it takes a sideways swipe to get to that information.

Only certain callings can view that information for others, but you should be able to see your own information.

It's not unsual for leaders to think others have access to something only they have access to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bez7

Post by bez7 »

I had the same problem on Android, even after updating the app. But then I figured out my problem. Forever ago I had installed the app via the Amazon app store. I uninstalled that version, installed from the Google Play store, synced my account and now I see it. I guess Church tech isn't using the app version in the Amazon app store.
KittyKovach

ministering

Post by KittyKovach »

Where on my iPhone do I find my ministering partner & assignment?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: ministering

Post by russellhltn »

KittyKovach wrote:Where on my iPhone do I find my ministering partner & assignment?
On Android, you pull up your name from the ward directory, then scroll sideways.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmcchesney

Post by mmcchesney »

russellhltn wrote:
KittyKovach wrote:Where on my iPhone do I find my ministering partner & assignment?
On Android, you pull up your name from the ward directory, then scroll sideways.
I'm running to most recent Android version of LDS tools (3.4) and don't have that option (Ministering tab). (Neither do several other Android users in my Elders quorum.) Is the currently an i-phone only feature? Can I see my ministering families from the website?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mmcchesney wrote:I'm running to most recent Android version of LDS tools (3.4) and don't have that option (Ministering tab). (Neither do several other Android users in my Elders quorum.) Is the currently an i-phone only feature? Can I see my ministering families from the website?
Try updating to 3.4.1. I can see it there. Also, try doing a sync. Perhaps you have stale data that didn't have it.

Unless you have access to LCR, I dont' think you can seeit on the website.

mmcchesney

Post by mmcchesney »

bez7 wrote:I had the same problem on Android, even after updating the app. But then I figured out my problem. Forever ago I had installed the app via the Amazon app store. I uninstalled that version, installed from the Google Play store, synced my account and now I see it. I guess Church tech isn't using the app version in the Amazon app store.
I had to uninstall the app from google play app store and reinstall it for the ministering option to be available for me.

Return to “Member Tools”