Stake High Council Limited Access (LDS Tools)

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
dabu

Stake High Council Limited Access (LDS Tools)

Post by dabu »

As a Stake High Councilor it is very frustrating to only be able to see head of household information in LDS tools. There are so many times when reflecting on calling individuals both adults and youth (stake youth council) to then go into the tool and only be able to see head of household information. I can see the need to restrict due to privacy reasons to the general membership of the stake but it is very limiting to those called at a stake level to contact and even review family dynamics (numbers of children) in the household when reviewing callings. Can you please look into lifting this restriction to stake high councilors? -Kind Regards
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Stake High Council Limited Access (LDS Tools)

Post by rmrichesjr »

To avoid possible misunderstanding, this is a user-to-user public forum, not an official feedback or help request channel. I understand there is an official Feedback mechanism in LDS Tools, and that is a far more reliable way to bring a concern to the attention of those who oversee the app. Perhaps even more effective would be to ask your stake president to run your suggestion up his chain of command. If area authorities start asking for something, that's going to carry more wait than a large number of individual feedback messages.
dabu

Post by dabu »

My apologies if this isn't the right forum. I will look into the LDS Tools Feedback mechanism and hope to high heaven it doesn't go into a black whole. Will also pursue the stake presidency route. Thanks,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

That's interesting. I've not heard a complaint about seeing household but not personal before. What version of LDS Tools are you running? I suspect the informative is there, but just hiding.

Some countries require "opt in" before the information will display, but unless the members kept their personal information private and only exposed their household, I don't think that would be what you'd see in LDS Tools.

Something you might try is to use the on-line directory and see if you can see the information there. If you can, then it's not a permissions issue.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dabu wrote:As a Stake High Councilor it is very frustrating to only be able to see head of household information in LDS tools.
You should be able to see families in your home ward, and all adults in any other ward in the stake.

Return to “Member Tools”