Senior missionary in Dominican Republic

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
chborup

Senior missionary in Dominican Republic

Post by chborup »

My wife and I are currently serving in the Dominican Republic as MLS missionaries. Of course the missionaries do not use smart devices but we can. I am assigned to a particular branch in IMOS (Internet Missionary Operating System). When I look at my dirrectory in LDS tools I can only see 10 households. The mission President can see over 500. How can I see all the members in our Branch? Also I noticed that I cannot see any option to see a map. Is this possible?
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Senior missionary in Dominican Republic

Post by russellhltn »

chborup wrote:When I look at my dirrectory in LDS tools I can only see 10 households. The mission President can see over 500. How can I see all the members in our Branch?
Some countries have very strict privacy laws. Members must "opt in" by changing their privacy settings before other members can see them. Specific leaders who have responsibilities for the membership can see the members even if they're set to private. That's probably what's happening here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chborup

Post by chborup »

That is understandable since most of the members do not have access to make an account on line. Si there a way for the mission president to give me a higher level of access?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Access is determined by calling. He'd have to give you a calling that grants those permissions. In this case, you'd need something in the mission presidency.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chborup

Post by chborup »

Thank you for your help. I guess we will just get along without this tool. There's still plenty to do.

Return to “Member Tools”