LDS Tools Feature Suggestion.

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
Halesther

LDS Tools Feature Suggestion.

Post by Halesther »

Not really sure where to post this, so if this is in the wrong area- please redirect me.

The phone and household list format that is currently provided can often be quite large. (Number of pages) and when trying to create list of leaders in can involve a lot of copies. Especially in a Council setting, it is often more laborious to look someone on the LDStools and then try to determine who their neighbors may be or closest member.

I have work in the database/programming industry, so In an effort to help our local missionaries as well as Ward leadership I have been taking an Exported list of names, generated a more concise format that is only a couple of pages rather than 12-14. As well I have taken that list, scrubbed the addresses a bit and sort it by street which has been a been extremely beneficial, especially to the Missionaries as they can walk down a street and quite identify from the list who a members or not. We have a fairly small geographic ward area so this works well for us, Other wards/areas it may not find it as useful.

My suggestion would be to offer a household or individual listing sorted by street address,
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Tools Feature Suggestion.

Post by russellhltn »

Halesther wrote:The phone and household list format that is currently provided can often be quite large. (Number of pages) and when trying to create list of leaders in can involve a lot of copies.
Are you talking about the LDS Tools app, or the lds.org/directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

If I remember correctly, you can sort the member list on Leader and Clerk Resources by street address. This list isn't available to the missionaries, but could be printed out for them.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Samuel, I just checked and, unless I am missing something, you can't sort by address in LCR. You can sort by age and gender and I found that I am in the top 20 in age! Not sure what that signifies, but it was interesting.
gnielson1

Post by gnielson1 »

As part of the LDS tools application, it would be wonderful if missionaries could see members' ministering companionships.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

As part of the LDS tools application, it would be wonderful if missionaries could see members' ministering companionships.
I expect that this is by design, that the missionaries should be closely working with the Ward Mission Leader and the members of the RS/EQ Presidencies, to get all pertinent member info. I understand how this would simplify things for the missionaries, but I get the feeling the Church is trying to help ensure the ward leaders are closely integrated with full-time missionary efforts with their ward members. Or maybe it's just something technical in the system that they haven't resolved, for the missionaries to have access ;)
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Just my personal opinion: If it is important to the mission president for his missionaries have access to the ministering assignments in the units they serve in, he can request that up through his chain of authority to be considered by those who direct the programmer's priorities. I personally wouldn't expect the church to put much effort into this if the mission presidents don't consider it important enough to request the feature.

But then, I'm just a regular member and don't have any insight into the goings on at CHQ.
slademt1984

Post by slademt1984 »

Member Tools Product Manager,

I was thinking how a few member facing products can be improved to indicate temple recommend status and send temple recommend reminders when close to expiring, as some members may forget to renew. Due to this, temple recommends lapse.

I want to report my experience with trying to find out my temple recommend status on Member Tools and the member dashboard (churchofjesuschrist.org). I can tell you it is not that easy to find my temple recommend status without some searching or learning where to look. I can't even find it on the member dashboard on the website at all.

I recommend the product improvements below.

1. To find my temple recommend status information in Member Tools, I must click on my name from the directory or go to the More tab and click on my name. Once there, I need to scroll down and click on membership information. There I do find my recommend status.
a. Member Tools Recommendation: Include temple recommend status next to member’s picture or the membership information link.

2. In my churchofjesuschrist.org Member Dashboard, I have yet to find my temple recommend status.
a. Dashboard Recommendation: Include the membership information link in the Tools drop down (I can’t even find the membership information link on the dashboard)
b. Put the temple recommend status and priesthood office (for males 11 and older) under account settings or the membership link
c. Or, put the membership information link in “Quick Links”
d. Or lastly, add the temple recommend status in “My Temple” section.

Also, I think if members’ temple recommends are three months from expiring, an email may be sent to them to remind them to set up a temple recommend interview with a member of their bishopric through the executive secretary.

I don’t think church products do enough to remind members of their temple recommend status. Therefore, some forget until it has lapsed.

Thanks,

Matthew T. Slade
Last edited by slademt1984 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

slademt1984 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:50 am Member Tools Product Manager,
The Tech Forum is user-to-user help and support. Those in management positions seldom, if ever, visit here and will not see your post. The official feedback channels are from within the mobile apps feedback links, or contact us links. The official feedback channels for websites and online applications is through the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
slademt1984

Post by slademt1984 »

jdlessley wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:33 am
slademt1984 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:50 am Member Tools Product Manager,
The Tech Forum is user-to-user help and support. Those in management positions seldom, if ever, visit here and will not see your post. The official feedback channels are from within the mobile apps feedback links, or contact us links. The official feedback channels for websites and online applications is through the feedback link found at the bottom of the page in the footer.
Thank you! I will go down those suggested paths.

Return to “Member Tools”