Ages in directory

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
wrigjef

Ages in directory

Post by wrigjef »

Because of my calling I see some ages in the directory of lds tools. Some households display both ages of parents but some show one parents age or the other but not both. What is the differentiating factor? I can't see anything in settings.
Biggles

Re: Ages in directory

Post by Biggles »

What is your calling/s? Knowing that makes it a lot easier to give you the answer. Also which operating system? Android/iOS etc.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wrigjef wrote:Because of my calling I see some ages in the directory of lds tools. Some households display both ages of parents but some show one parents age or the other but not both. What is the differentiating factor? I can't see anything in settings.
First off, the age can't be displayed if there is no birthdate - that is, the parent is a non-member. The same might apply to out-of-unit records - however, I don't think they'd show in the directory.

Otherwise, I'm just guessing. Is there some kind of threshold where the age no longer shows once they are over a certain age?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I figured out everything but how to delete my post
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

And leave us in the dark on what happened?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I noticed that I was seeing ages in lds tools that some people had ages while others didn't. I couldn't see the pattern so one of the clerks posted the question in the forums, Iwas signed in because I was looking at something else. A minute later I checked the list in LCR and realized that the listings with one parent or the other showing ages were in fact part member families, we have many in our ward.

Part member families are not as clearly indicated in LDS tools as they are in LCR

Return to “Member Tools”