Members with new leadership callings can't see reports

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
cdw3423lds

Members with new leadership callings can't see reports

Post by cdw3423lds »

I have had a few members who were recently called to leadership callings wondering why they can't access the reports they are supposed to have access to.

Yes I'm sure their calling was entered correctly, and they did resync their LDS Tools app. There seems to be some time delay before they get access. Does anyone know what is happening here?

Chris W
eblood66

Re: Members with new leadership callings can't see reports

Post by eblood66 »

There is usually a delay of a few hours, possibly up to 24 hours. Just to be sure I generally recommend waiting 48 hours before getting concerned (if there is a system down on Sunday it might not get fixed until Monday sometime and then require a couple hours to get everything synced up again). In this case the resync in LDS Tools would need to happen after waiting 48 hours just to be sure.

Can these people access LCR with the appropriate access level?

What callings are involved and what reports are missing?
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

I'm not sure if they could access LCR. I got a call Wednesday night that the HPG 2nd assistant couldn't see the reports in LDS Tools but it did show that he had that calling. I texted him today and he can now see the reports. The other member was called as a councilor in the YW presidency. I told them to try again in a few days and didn't hear back on that one. I don't remember for sure, but in that case I think they were trying to access LCR too. I do remember in both cases they did see the new calling in LDS Tools on their phone, they just couldn't see the reports.

I'm not sure what reports were missing, I just know they discovered this while working with another member of the same presidency and couldn't see the same reports.

It's not a big deal because it does work after a time, it would just be nice to give a definitive answer when people ask.

Chris W
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

cdw3423 wrote:It's not a big deal because it does work after a time, it would just be nice to give a definitive answer when people ask.
Callings will generally show up almost immediately (at least in LCR--LDS Tools requires a sync of course) but permissions are handled by a different system and there is a scheduled task that transfers calling information from CDOL (where the callings are recorded) to the permissions database (which is Active Directory last I heard). That scheduled task is supposed to run nowadays every few hours but if it dies for any reason then permissions won't be updated until the engineers can get the task running again on a weekday. So I generally say that permission are usually available within 12 hours but occasionally take up to 48 hours.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cdw3423 wrote:It's not a big deal because it does work after a time, it would just be nice to give a definitive answer when people ask.
As stated, I wouldn't be too worried until after 24 hours after their calling has been entered. It's a matter of waiting for the sync between computer systems. (Or as I like to put it, the computers have to hold their correlation meeting.) Even if the calling shows right away, that's not the same as having access rights.

Once 24 hours has passed, I'd start checking to make sure the MRN of the LDS Account they're using matches the MRN of the person with the calling. Lots of ways that can go astray. And in the case of LDS Tools, a new sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

russellhltn wrote:as I like to put it, the computers have to hold their correlation meeting
So the computers have a correlation meeting every few hours but sometimes on Sunday they need to rest and don't meet again till someone wakes them up on Monday? :)

Chris W.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cdw3423 wrote:So the computers have a correlation meeting every few hours but sometimes on Sunday they need to rest and don't meet again till someone wakes them up on Monday? :)
"every few hours" - last I knew that was every 12 hours.
"Monday" - the next working day in Utah (Utah time zone).

With those two minor adjustments, I'm in agreement.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Member Tools”